Kimberly-Clark is leading the world in essentials for a better life. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with nearly 57,000 employees worldwide and operations in 36 countries, Kimberly-Clark posted sales of $20.8 billion in 2011. Kimberly-Clark’s global brands are sold in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people trust Kimberly-Clark products and the solutions they provide to make their lives better. With well-known family care and personal care brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Andrex, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, Poise and Depend, we hold the No. 1 or No. 2 share position globally in more than 80 countries.
As a global company, we are committed to cultivating a fair, respectful and engaging work environment that inspires our diverse global team to thrive professionally and contribute to the communities where we operate. We also have a responsibility to attain a deeper understanding of our impact on the world. Addressing Sustainability issues and incorporating solutions through all levels of Kimberly-Clark is a critical component of our business.
Currently, we are looking for an Internal Controls Consultant. The North American Internal Controls Team is a small team which represents and supports the Corporate Controller with the businesses. Team members must be able to effectively communicate with the entire customer structure from functional/operations people through vice presidents. Having a common corporate internal control vision and consistently communicating it to customers is key to team success. Maintaining a strong internal control environment is essential for compliance with laws and the credibility of the Company’s senior management.
- An undergraduate degree in a finance or business-related field is required
- 8-10 years of experience in accounting, finance or a business related function is desired
- 3 years of direct experience and strong knowledge of internal controls including SOX and GAAP is desired
- Behavioral characteristics: Focus on building trust, strong decision maker to drive results, win consistently, think “customer”, drive continuous improvement, build talent in self and others
- Effective communication and collaboration skills to deal with multiple groups and multiple levels within the organization
- Project management, planning and organizational skills
- Experience with LEAN/continual improvement tools and activities is desired
- Knowledge of SAP and related controls is highly preferred
Financial operations and reporting for North America covers in excess of $10 billion of the Company’s business. The accuracy and effectiveness of these areas are required by law (SOX and GAAP) and relate directly to representations made by management to the government and shareholders.
1. Lead projects related to controls.
2. Develop and drive continuous improvement initiatives to ensure the company is getting good value for its investment in controls.
3. Work with process owners on corporate initiatives and new or changed processes to ensure controls are addressed adequately and efficiently.
4. Work with customers to ensure that a strong internal control environment exists and that key controls and other requirements are being properly implemented and monitored.
5. Collaborate with team members, the Shared Service Center, Internal Audit, process COE’s and business units in the development of standard internal control programs and best practices.
6. Serve as the face of the Controller’s Office to the business for all questions, interpretations, consulting, training or issues.
7. Develop talent and capability of self, team and customers.
*** The preferred location for this position is Neenah. Other locations (such as Roswell, GA or Knoxville, TN) may be considered for the right candidate.
Kimberly-Clark - 2 years ago
Kimberly-Clark engages in worldwide manufacturing and marketing of a wide range of products for personal, business and industrial uses....