This is a paid, part-time temporary internship position, starting on April 1, 2013 and ending on October 31, 2013.
We are currently seeking an Integrated Marketing Intern in our Marketing and Public Relations Department. This is a part-time role for between 15 and 20 hours per week. This is an ideal opportunity for a new graduate or current student to grow skills and learn about marketing and public relations in a hands on way!
The Integrated Marketing Intern will be responsible for supporting the marketing and public relations initiatives within the Marketing Department. The Marketing Intern will work closely with the Marketing Coordinator, and will regularly receive assignments from the Marketing Manager and the Public Relations Specialist.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Assist in basic writing/copyediting for various types of copy appropriate for marketing and public relations deliverables on an as-needed basis
- Support PR efforts with daily review of release statistics
- Various research tasks as needed including researching copy techniques necessary to improve SEO
- Set up email campaigns
- Maintain public relations mailing lists
- Help maintain internal online system for presentation-sharing
- Help maintain company Intranet, Inside Trak, under supervision of department coordinator
- Develop and maintain various lists and company sponsorship/speaking events calendar
- Coordinate promotional giveaways, sales campaigns, and trade show preparation
- Assist department coordinator in creation of traffic management process and procedures
- Assist with company-wide event coordination including premium orders, materials shipping, inventory, etc.
- Assist department coordinator in maintaining department schedule based on project and pipeline needs, individual project schedules, weekly, monthly and annual schedules
- Provide a variety of organizational duties, including filing and organization for the Marketing Department
- Help maintain department file management system and ensure all relevant materials are up to date
Rentrak headquarters are located in beautiful Portland, Oregon, near scenic mountains, beaches, and rivers. Our office has convenient access to public transportation and the freeway.
- Junior/Senior-level student or recent graduate studying marketing, public relations, communications or related area
- Knowledge of search engine optimization best practices
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced team environment as well as working on a variety of assignments
- Strong research, messaging and conceptual abilities
- Strong editorial and proofreading skills
- Proficient in all MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint),
- Able to work on a MAC desktop
We offer a friendly team oriented workplace and our benefits are among the best in the business including matching 401K program, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, wellness programs, tuition reimbursement, an extremely generous vacation package and more.
Rentrak participates in eVerify. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.
*No recruiters or agencies please.