Manage and maintain business relationship with customers, oversee preparation and shipment of orders by air or ocean. Coordinate loads with freight carriers, prepare invoices and other shipping documents; advise customers on shelf life issues, hazardous items, etc.
Essential Job Functions:
• Communicate with customers in the Middle East and other areas.
• Source non-stock items, create and follow up on Purchase orders.
• Obtain MSDS certificates, Free Sales certificates, handle claims and use Microsoft Office and other software such as Compleo.
• Work with outside vendors, truck lines, forwarders and others in the process of working orders.
• Work with warehouse and others to arrange for various inspections for export (meat, limited hazardous like aerosols, etc.).
• Work with warehouse, customers and translator to obtain needed label data and have it translated and approved, printed and applied as needed.
• Create and follow detailed order processing procedures, timelines, buyer’s requests and check-lists.
• Prepare slot sheets as needed, review receivers and completed slot sheets and take proper action on information received.
• Prepare and transmit daily billings as needed.
• Monitor accounts to be sure they are within credit terms or are referred to sales person or manager.
• Maintain customer information in Departmental Address Book.
• Occasional duties include: assist sales personnel with food shows, quotes, customer visits, and other sales functions as needed.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Must be bilingual Arabic / English, oral and written.
• Computer experience with Word and Excel required.
• Strong data entry skills
• Must be able to use fax machine, scanner, digital camera and copier.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Export / food retail or wholesale experience