Work with a cross-functional team on the new ARMv8 based SOC ASICs. Responsibilities include contributing to product requirements gathering, definition, architecture and system prototypes. Area of focus: high-performance I/O technologies.
- Work with customers identify and define I/O requirements
- Develop I/O Definition and Specification for System and Chip
- ASIC I/O integration
- Evaluation and selection of SoC IP for PCIe, SATA, Ethernet and others as necessary/appropriate
- Monitor and participate in, as necessary, industry standards for IO and storage such as PCIe, SATA, SATAe, and NVMe
- Define and drive SoC IP and system architecture requirements for expansion IO and storage interfaces
- Prototype integration, bring-up and debug
- Coordinate with and support driver development teams
- Experienced with high-performance I/O technologies, hardware and software integration aspects: Protocol layers including physical layer, data link layer, and transaction layer, PCIe Gen. 3, SATA 6G, Ethernet 10G/40G, InfiniBand, RapidIO, I/O virtualization (SR-IOV, MR-IOV, VIA)
- Familiarity with ASIC SoC design
- Experience with system level integration
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Good communication and written skills
BS in EE or CE with 7+ years of I/O development experience, MS a plus.
QUALCOMM Incorporated, incorporated in 1985, designs, manufactures and markets digital wireless telecommunications products and services...