Position to be located in any of the following area's:
Beaverton, OR; Everett, WA; Dallas, TX; Fort Wayne, IN; Rochester, NY
Job Description – The Ethernet Network Architect leads the effort in the creation of standards related to the MetroE networks within Frontier, both on a regional as well as national level. The successful candidate will utilize extensive knowledge and experience with Ethernet standard bodies and associated technical specifications to promote the next generation MetroE network, coordinate and lead inter-departmental development of network designs and policies, and develop procedures and schedule lab facilities for testing hardware elements and software feature releases that will be introduced into the network.
The following experience is preferred:
- 10 years of carrier Ethernet networking experience
- Thorough understanding of Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocols
- Vendor certifications desired but not required
- Determined confidence in network goals and possess the interpersonal and leadership skills to influence others to adopt network standards
- Working knowledge of layer 1 transport as it relates to layers 2 and 3
- Capable of defining QoS standards for elements at all tiers in the MetroE network, as well as working with a larger team for end-to-end QOS development
- Experience in investigating, testing and deploying new hardware and software elements
- Candidate must possess outstanding interpersonal, presentation and writing skills
- Strong focus on improving the quality of organizational decision making and Technology evaluation process
- Contribute to defining strategic network objectives and guiding the development process to achieving the strategic network objectives
- Demonstrated understanding of the role and impact of cross-functional departments and their relative impact on company initiatives.
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively and with a “can do” attitude.
- Develop an achievable set of network performance objectives and then measure performance to those metrics.
Frontier Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: FTR) offers voice, broadband, satellite video, wireless Internet data access, data security...