IPRC Admin Asst-Oahu
The Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii - Honolulu, HI

This job posting is no longer available on The Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii. Find similar jobs: Iprc Admin Assistant Oahu jobs

Regular, Part-Time (20% FTE), RCUH Non-Civil Service position with the International Pacific Research Center (IPRC), located at the University of Hawaii, Manoa Campus in Honolulu, Hawaii. Continuation of employment is dependent upon program/operational needs, satisfactory work performance, availability of funds, and compliance with applicable Federal/State laws.


DUTIES: Carries out the Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC) related administrative tasks of the IPRC research agenda, including outreach activities within Japan. Provides administrative services in a bilingual environment. Acts as a translator for visitors from Japan, composes/edits correspondence, types various technical and non-technical documents, coordinates international travel, arranges meetings, and coordinates administrative matters.

PRIMARY QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION: Associate’s Degree from an accredited community college. EXPERIENCE: One to three (1-3) years of progressively responsible work experience, which demonstrates work at an administrative assistant level. Experience in performing outreach related tasks. Experience working in a Japanese cultural environment. ABIL/KNOW/SKILLS: Knowledge and proficiency in PC spreadsheets, word processing, e-mail, and Internet software. Knowledge of performing office and secretarial/administrative duties. Ability to fluently speak/write in Japanese and English. Ability to perform, proficiently use, or operate common office and secretarial/administrative equipments and duties. Good PC skills using word processing, spreadsheets, email, and internet software. Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to generate correspondence documents, project reports, and other miscellaneous reports independently.

SECONDARY QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four (4) year college or university. Previous work experience in a Japanese governmental office or institution related to the Japanese government. Some familiarity with scientific research terms.

INQUIRIES: Dr. Kevin Hamilton 956-8327 (Oahu).

APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Please go to www.rcuh.com, click on “Employment”; select “Apply” and navigate to “See Job Announcements and/or Apply for a Job.” You must submit the following documents online to be considered for the position: 1) Cover Letter, 2) Resume, 3) Salary History, 4) Supervisory References, 5) Copy of Degree(s)/Transcript(s)/Certificate(s). All online applications must be submitted/received by the closing date (11:59 P.M. Hawaii Standard Time/RCUH receipt time) as stated on the job posting. If you do not have access to our system and the closing date is imminent, you may send additional documents to rcuhhr@rcuh.com. If you have questions on the application process and/or need assistance, please call (808)956-8344.

EEO/AA Employer.

The Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii - 24 months ago - save job