Summary : The IPTV/VOD QC Operator will perform visual and audible quality control for encoded content. This individual will review assets and provide technical judgment in determining if media is within acceptable standards. They will act as a key member in the operational throughput in servicing our IPTV/VOD clients.
Work Environment :
- Must be focused, diligent and detail-oriented
- Able to work independently and with others
- Be capable of working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Must be a quick learner and willing to adapt to new tasks and workflow procedures
- Thorough understanding of aspect ratios and the ability to determine if video is at the proper ratio
- Ability to describe video & audio anomalies (eg. Artifacts, Sync, Aspect Ratio)
- Knowledge of various artifacts that can be introduced due to digital encoding
- Possess a fundamental understanding of video and audio frame rates
- Computer knowledge in using Outlook, Word, Excel, file folder structures, network drives, and Internet browsers
- Be able to operate other devices including TV, Blu-Ray player, audio speakers, and other consumer electronic devices needed for performing QC
- Individual will update database when asset has been QC’d and will note PASS or FAIL along with additional notes as needed
- Individual will review electronic software QC generated reports
- Individual will be given throughput goals that must be met
- Communicate and work with Media Operators and Management on discrepancies/failures and determine solutions
- Must be flexible in their schedule and available to work any day of the week (including weekends) on any shift. We are a 24/7 facility and the shifts are 1 st (6am-230pm), 2 nd (2pm-1030pm) and 3 rd (10pm-630am)
- Individual must take pride in their work
The nature of this position requires the employee to work in a small office environment. It is routine in nature and will require consistency.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Encompass Digital Media - 23 months ago