Brief Posting Description
The individual in this role will be responsible for the identification, evaluation and execution of new investment opportunities in resource-type plays
- Work with geologists, landmen and other disciplines to identify and evaluate technical and economic merits of new investment opportunities
- Utilize all tools available to quickly and efficiently scope historical reservoir performance, potential and risks from third party and public domain data sources
- Calculate probabilistic and deterministic resource and reserve potential
- Build acquisition models
- Recommend necessary evaluation procedures for exploration and assessment wells
- Perform reserve and economic evaluations
- Leadership role in the development and implementation of growth strategies
- Degreed engineer with 7+ years of industry experience in reservoir engineering, reserve estimation and economic/risk analysis
- Recent resource-play experience
- Some A&D or new venture evaluation experience
- Knowledgeable of SEC reserve reporting guidelines and their application.
- Must be “business minded” and self-motivated
- Experience working in a multi-discipline team environment
- Experience in conducting statistical analysis and identification of key performance correlations.
- Must have excellent oral and written presentation communication skills.
- Proficient in ARIES, EXCEL and standard evaluation software
- Successful candidate will be expected to mentor and direct less experienced engineers and technicians
- S ome travel may be required.
- Experience in well optimization and the identification of behind-pipe opportunities would be helpful
- Experience in South Texas operations and evaluations would be helpful
How To Apply
Newfield Exploration - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -