Brief Posting Description
The individual in this role will be responsible for the identification, evaluation and execution of new investment opportunities in resource-type plays
- Work with geologists, landmen and other disciplines to identify and evaluate technical and economic merits of new investment opportunities
- Utilize all tools available to quickly and efficiently scope historical reservoir performance, potential and risks from third party and public domain data sources
- Calculate probabilistic and deterministic resource and reserve potential
- Build acquisition models
- Recommend necessary evaluation procedures for exploration and assessment wells
- Perform reserve and economic evaluations
- Leadership role in the development and implementation of growth strategies
- Degreed engineer with 7+ years of industry experience in reservoir engineering, reserve estimation and economic/risk analysis
- Recent resource-play experience
- Some A&D or new venture evaluation experience
- Knowledgeable of SEC reserve reporting guidelines and their application.
- Must be “business minded” and self-motivated
- Experience working in a multi-discipline team environment
- Experience in conducting statistical analysis and identification of key performance correlations.
- Must have excellent oral and written presentation communication skills.
- Proficient in ARIES, EXCEL and standard evaluation software
- Successful candidate will be expected to mentor and direct less experienced engineers and technicians
- S ome travel may be required.
- Experience in well optimization and the identification of behind-pipe opportunities would be helpful
- Experience in South Texas operations and evaluations would be helpful
How To Apply
Newfield Exploration Company is an independent oil and gas company engaged in the exploration, development and acquisition of natural gas...