Brief Posting Description
The individual in this role will be responsible for performing and coordination of reservoir engineering and economic evaluation of unconventional resource plays. They will be responsible for performing and coordination of engineering, economic and other business analyses in support of Mid-Con acquisitions, divestitures and business development.
- Analyze public production and well data to identify formations of interest as potential horizontal resource targets.
- Generate OOIP an OGIP volumetric estimates and resource maps working with geologists and petrophysicists.
- Develop probabilistic typical horizontal well, production profiles, EUR's and economic performance estimates.
- Monitor active and emerging resource plays and prepare internal engineering, production and economic comparatives between plays.
- Monitor active resource plays and prepare internal engineering, production and economic comparatives to active peers.
- Perform the engineering and economic evaluations and coordinate the multi-discipline evaluation and recommendation for business development investment opportunities.
- Identify divestiture candidate. Perform and/or coordinate the internal engineering and preparation of divestiture evaluations and recommendations.
- Analyze active resource plays for infrastructure constraints to internal development plans.
- Leadership role in the development of Mid-Con business development strategies.
Knowledge, skill, and abilities:
- Must possess 10 – 20 years of recent industry experience in reservoir engineering. Demonstrated experience in performing acquisitions and divestitures reservoir engineering and economic analysis.
- Experience in analyzing the performance of multiple unconventional horizontal resource plays.
- Experience in the combined use of engineering economics, data analysis, and mapping applications and excel based tools to generate probabilistic performance estimates.
- Understanding of reservoir simulation and application to resource plays.
- Understanding of RTA, PTA and other engineering analysis of early time rate and pressure data.
- Experienced in exploration function, reservoir studies, and with SEC reserve booking guidelines.
- Working knowledge of geology, petrophysics, drilling, completions and production engineering for effective interaction and support of exploration and assessment.
- Demonstrated achievements in generating value and ability to work in multi-discipline team environment, emphasizing technology and individual responsibility.
- The employee must be self directed and capable of working in a small team environment along with other engineers and geoscientists.
- Excellent communication skills. Adept at interaction with a variety of contacts, internal and external, including management, industry partners and financial institutions.
- May supervise less experienced engineers and technicians
- Normal office environment/some travel to field operations may be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Engineering, preferably Petroleum Engineering.
How To Apply
Newfield Exploration Company is an independent oil and gas company engaged in the exploration, development and acquisition of natural gas...