Brief Posting Description
The Reservoir Engineer will coordinate the reservoir and economic evaluation of existing assets, and actively participate in the development and execution of new investment opportunities.
- Identify, evaluate technical and economic merits, recommend and execute on oil and gas investment opportunities
- Conduct internal reserve and economic evaluation of acquisition, drilling, recompletion, and workover opportunities utilizing appropriate economic and engineering applications and make investment recommendations based on this work
- Develop and ensure timely execution of field exploitation plans for existing assets while working with other team members such as Geologists, Landmen, and Operations Engineers
- Utilize surveillance tools to monitor production and injection performance, and make recommendations as necessary to maximize value/efficiency
- Recommend necessary data acquisition to monitor production and assist in recomplete/workover/flow optimization recommendations
- Complete budgeting, forecasting, and reserve/economic analysis for year-end reserve reporting on existing assets
- This employee must be able to demonstrate proficiency in the following software packages: Aries, Peep, IHS, Microsoft Office, and other standard engineering applications. Experience with DSS and/or OFM is a plus.
- The employee must be self-directed and capable of working in a small team environment along with other Engineers, Geoscientists, Landmen, and Support Staff
- Adept at interaction with a variety of contacts, internal and external, including management, industry partners, auditors, and financial institutions
- Capacity to recognize areas of improvement and offer sound solutions.
- Energetic self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the flexibility of working extended hours as needed.
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to effectively interact with all levels.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects concurrently.
- 10+ years industry experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required (Petroleum Engineering).
- Some travel to field operations or corporate office may be required.
How To Apply