Brief Posting Description
A Pumper is primarily responsible for tracking production and pressures for all wells on assigned routes, performing general well inspection, maintenance, repairs and equipment replacements, and reporting other maintenance, production, health or safety issues to the Production Foreman.
- Make daily pumper run to check gauges, maintain equipment and report daily production
- Performing daily operational check of assigned wells and production facilities
- Test wells to determine production rates and problems
- May perform minor equipment repairs
- Oversees activities of contract crews or coordinates activities on joint ownership wells
- Abide by all health, environmental and safety programs and policies in performance of duties.
- Routinely monitor all well batteries on assigned routes to regularly check casing and tubing pressures, gauge amount of oil, gas, and water produced by wells, and amount of time wells ran since last check.
- Routinely visit all well-heads on assigned routes to inspect locations at least every other week or more frequently as directed by Lead Operator or Production Foreman
- Working knowledge of mechanical applications
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently under little supervision
- Basic math skills.
- Responsible and diligent.
- Personal computer experience or willingness to learn
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Previous oil fields experience
- No supervisory responsibilities
- Outside work in sometimes harsh weather conditions
How To Apply
Newfield Exploration - 18 months ago