Brief Posting Description
Responsible for submitting permits for state and federal on shore drilling and production operations and maintaining documentation of compliance specific to the Williston Basin (North Dakota, Montana) & Texas operations. Work under direction of Regulatory Manager.
- Support Production Completion and Drilling Engineers by submitting permits for the drilling, workover, completion and production of o n shore wells and facilities. Follow-up with government agencies to obtain approvals.
- Maintain files and permit status report for documentation of permitting and approvals
- Provide support as needed to field personnel for all compliance issues
- Support Regulatory Team in ensuring company’s compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements
- Experience Filing and Maintaining Regulatory Application, Reports, Notices, etc… for an Upstream Oil and Gas Production Company (Cradle to Grave Production Regulatory Knowledge) including but not limited to Intent to Drill, Completions etc.. with North Dakota Industrial Commission (NDIC), Texas Railroad Commission (TRRC), Bureau of Land Management (BLM) and other government agencies.
- Experience doing APD’S & Sundry Notices for Bureau of Land Management (BLM) and/or US Forest Services (USFS) is not required but a strong plus
- Good understanding of Upstream Oil and Gas Operations including perforations, Well Bore schematics etc.
- Ability to build strong relationships with Local, State and Federal Regulatory Officials
- Willingness to learn and adapt to changing environment
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Outlook, and other business line applications
- Self-motivated, team player
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- High School Diploma
- 10+ years of Upstream Regulatory Experience in regards to Drilling and Production operations.
How To Apply
Newfield Exploration - 18 months ago