Brief Posting Description
Lead a diverse staff responsible for the procurement and management of controllable and non-controllable material within the region. Lead a team in the areas of strategic procurement, corporate reporting, material scheduling and planning, material reconciliation, and inventory management.
- Responsible for directing regional materials staff including knowledge transfer, training, employee development and succession planning;
- Guide and work with buyers to ensure material purchases are in line with regional strategy and forecasting as well as corporate materials strategy;
- Manage procurement team to deliver exceptional supplier delivery, quality and cost;
- Manage timely receipt of materials to support production schedules.
- Manage procurement contracts to protect company interests.
- Interface with materials departments at the various regions to establish workflow including P.O.’s, releases, and cash flow management
- Manage team to ensure accuracy of BU data in system including location, quantity on hand and value.
- Identify opportunities and insure execution within the BU for efficiency and cost savings.
- Manage inventory, surplus inventory and inventory turn rates to ensure equipment is readily available
- Manage the bidding and purchasing of controllable and non-controllable material following Newfield’s Material Management Guidelines
Experience with Oracle preferred
- Bachelor's degree (Engineering, Supply Chain or Business preferred)
- 10+ years of industry experience
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team build consensus and resolve issues.
- Solid understanding of all roles and responsibilities of the materials team.
- Must be well organized and have a proven record of working independently
- Must demonstrate strong communication skills, both verbal and written
How To Apply