- Conducts investigations at the direction of management. Investigation methodologies may include data analysis, record review, cross company discussions, inspections, interviews, observations, coordination with legal representative, and legal case preparation.
- Determines and recommends to management scope, timing, and direction of investigations.
- Identifies case issues and evidence needed, based on analysis of charges, complaints, or allegations of law violations.
- Provides written/oral updates, reports and/or presentations on investigation case progress.
- Coordinates with team members and management on recommendations, investigative plans, further actions and/or resolutions.
- Conducts or participates in audits of business partners and contracted entities.
- Arranges and conducts meetings with employees, business partners and where appropriate, representatives from regulatory agencies and law enforcement in the conduct of investigations.
- Collaborates with other departments including, but not limited to Human Resources, Finance, Internal Audit, Regulatory, Legal and Compliance.
- Acts as a team or project leader providing direction for team activities, facilitating information validation and team decision-making processes, as required.
- Maintains confidentiality of all sensitive investigative information.
- Maintains chain of custody for all acquired evidence.
- Prepares summary and/or detailed reports on investigative findings and/or referrals to state and federal agencies and local law enforcement.
- Assists with company efforts to increase fraud training and awareness to all employees and non-employees.
- Develops and maintains guidelines and procedures for investigating criminal activities of the company’s assets.
- May be tasked with projects and initiatives outside their assigned area.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Typically requires 15 years of investigative experience (private industry and/or government)
- Oil and gas industry security experience desired.
- Normal office environment
- Extensive international and domestic travel required
**In order to promote into a higher-level position, a business need for the promotion must exist. Leader approval, time in current position, or ability to perform at the level does not guarantee a promotion. Requirements build as one progresses. In addition, the requirements and specifications listed above are intended to describe the general function and level of the personnel assigned to this classification. It is not intended to limit any additional responsibilities, duties and/or skills that may be required of the incumbent.
Noble Energy, Inc. - 8 months ago