Human Resources External Job Description
Position Summary :
Performs Human Resources related duties at the professional level and may carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, training, staffing, affirmative action and employee recognition.
1. Partners with employees and management to communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
2. Responds to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations and civil rights complaints.
3. Conducts exit interviews and analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective actions and continuous improvement.
4. Facilitates and/or provides training (including orientation) to the workforce.
5. Interviews, screens, and recruits job applicants to fill entry level, professional and technical job openings.
6. Reviews application and interviews applicants to match experience with specific job related requirements.
7. Represents the company for any unemployment claims.
8. Attend client department meetings/huddles.
9. Utilize HR systems I.e. Oracle, iRecruitment, and the like.
10. Coaches management and/or employees on performance development plans, employee relation issues, career development and the like.
11. Conducts one on ones with employees on matters pertaining to their employment, assists/facilitates focus groups, interviews debrief discussions and other meetings.
12. Conducts research on best practices and internal trending, analyze data and makes appropriate recommendations.
Education, Experience and Skills Required
1. Bachelor’s degree Human Resources Management, or related field required.
2. One to two years experience working as a Human Resources professional required (experience with employee relations and recruiting is strongly preferred)
3. Intermediate skills in systems reporting required (Excel and Access preferred).
4. The ability to research and analyze various different types of data information.
5. Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Administers various Human Resources plans and procedures for all company employees; assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
2. Develops and maintains affirmative action records for the EEO-1 annual report by maintaining other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.