Bachelor of Science
Responsible for assisting in the support of the daily activities of MEDITECH, and additional related software applications. This position provides training to LHO staff, assists in the implementation and testing of various clinical software and system updates and other duties as assigned a community based healthcare environment. Analyzes user needs, requirements, procedures and problems relevant to assigned information system programs to automate processing and improve functionality of the primary and associated clinical system programs of the Healthcare Information Systems (HCIS) by evaluating, designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining the feature/functions of new and existing systems. Leads/manages assigned projects.
- Direct experience with the use and support of the MEDITECH system is significant requirement.
- Minimum of 3-5 years clinical information systems experience (or equivalent) implementing and supporting clinical computerized applications.
- NPR report writer experience required.
- Three (or more) years’ experience with implementation and direct support of clinical/ancillary related Healthcare Information Systems in an IS department.
- MEDITECH experience required Strong background with query tools (preferably MEDITECH and NPR Report Writer) and basic PC operations.
- Experience with QI tools and proven team leadership desired.
Loretto Hospital - 13 months ago