Summary: The AVP of Medicare Advantage IT serves as a technical solution partner and provides Business-facing IT support for multiple operational and administrative functions of the Organization. This position manages a staff of Project Managers and Business Analysts and collaborates and coordinates other IT line resources to support business needs. This position will manage gathering and documenting business requirements, technical project management and status reporting, application and technical operational support , serves as a 3rd party vendor technical liaison and ensures that established Corporate and IT process and controls are adhered to. This person will provide a balance between application support best practices, application lifecycle methodologies and business understanding. This position will report directly to the SVP, MA Technology. Additionally, the candidate must be responsible for understanding the assigned functional area of responsibility including the applications, data, business processes and associated technologies used and the relationships between other functional areas.
- Responsible for the delivery and support of system solutions that support the operations of their assigned functional areas of the company, meeting all the functional requirements of business. Identifies and addresses critical technical success factors for projects.
- Serves as an escalation point for the business. Work with internal IT groups and 3rd party vendors for problem investigation and resolution.
- Demonstrates a moderate to comprehensive understanding of supported vendor and custom applications and all interdependencies. Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems, including preparing and delivering reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in applications across the organization
- Manages day to day operations of a small department supporting multiple operational areas and Executives. Demonstrates knowledge of the strategic alignment of IT solutions with business objectives. Work with the business to manage the expectations for deliverables and priority of projects.
- Directly supervises Project Manager and Business Analyst Associates and leads other IT line resources they do not directly mange as necessary to support business needs. Ability to handle conflict resolution, performance evaluations, interviewing and hiring practices.
- Distribute duties, review workloads and resource allocation, and plan technical delivery so that customer needs are appropriately prioritized and met and staff resources are maximized.
- Demonstrates ability to coordinate potential vendor product/service evaluations to ensure technical requirements and performance measures are met. Able to participate in RFP activities which include but are not limited to: understanding business requirements; assess baseline/marketplace; construct, issue, and receive completed RFPs; evaluate potential vendors based on selected scoring model; evaluate cost benefit, and recommend vendor.
- Able to influence and recommend technical direction and standards based on exploitation and innovation of evolving technologies and how the business operational processes will benefit from those technologies. Able to identify and recommend strategies to mitigate associated risks. Able to effectively communicate evolving technical and architectural strategies, standards and direction to audiences with varying technical knowledge
- Demonstrates comprehensive working knowledge of health plan operational areas and health plan products we provide. Demonstrate a working knowledge of Healthcare, regulatory and technology trends.
- Demonstrates comprehensive understanding of how each department relates to the organization as a whole
- Ensure adherence to established Corporate and IT processes and controls.
- Work under minimal supervision. Ability to deliver by managing through others.
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate thoughts and ideas
- Organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and/or projects at one time
- Customer service skills with the ability to interact professionally and effectively with providers, third party payers, physicians, and staff from all departments within and outside the Company
- Analytical and interpretation skills including departmental, utilization, financial and operations data
- Decision-making skills with the ability to investigate and weigh alternatives and select the course of action that provides the greatest benefit to the organization
- Creative thinking skills with the ability to ask the needed bigger-picture questions that lead to process and team improvements
- Time management skills with the ability to prioritize and schedule daily activities for the most efficient use of time
- Problem solving skills with the ability to look for root causes and implementable, workable solutions
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and participate as an independent contributor with little supervision or as an active team member depending on the situation and needs
- Leadership skills with the ability to empower, engage, motivate, evaluate and manage team members individually and as a group
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline
- Project Management certification such as PMP a plus
- Minimum of 6 years’ relevant work experience required
- Healthcare experience a must
- Requires substantial prior IT project management experience
- Requires experience in vendor procurement and vendor management and an understanding of system interdependencies
- Facets, Care Advance, other TriZetto solutions and/or MACESS experience a plus
- SQL Proficiency is a plus
- Must have comprehensive working knowledge of health plan operational areas and health plan products
- Personal computer experience should include working with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook at the intermediate level at a minimum
Universal American Corp. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Universal American Financial Corp - 21 months ago