The role of the IT Specialist is to support the creative services department on all IT related issues. The IT Specialist must have extensive knowledge of data management, VFX pipelines, VFX software, Storage, Archiving, and Win, Linux, OS X operating systems. Respond to customer requests, answer questions and provide guidance to ensure IT service delivery. Help drive aspects of design, development, and the evaluation of new solutions. This position requires a proven track record of delivering sustainable processes at a department level.
- Work within the Creative Services Group and liaise with production supervisors and Corporate IT department to support the technology and programming needs for the team.
- Develop and maintain new and existing tools in our pipeline.
- Design and implement robust, maintainable and extensible code.
- Troubleshoot production problems with artists.
- Setup new machines and configurations.
- Support role requires 24/7 on call capabilities.
- Manage all vendor relationships as it relates to the IT needs of the Creative Services Group
- Develop documentation for all IT related technologies
Required Skills & Experience:
- At least 5-8 years relevant experience
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar field
- EMC Isilon NL-Series
- EMC Isilon S-Series
- EMC Isilon X-Series
- EMC Isilon A-Series Accelerator Nodes
- Active Storage
- CrossRoads Systems, Strongbox (LTFS, NAS)
- Apple Macbook Pro, Mac Desktop
- Sony Vaio systems
- PC/Linux/Unix operating systems
- EMC Isilon InsightIQ
- Solid foundation in software engineering, including object-oriented programming
- Data Archiving
- Maya/Nuke APIs
- Deadline / Thinkbox software
- Cinema 4D
- Asset Management Software (Cat DV preferred)
- C++, or another strongly-typed language
- Bash scripting
- PyQt or Qt
- Mental ray, Vray, or shader dev. a plus
- Understanding of a relational or document-based database
- Familiarity with AWS and Amazon EC2
Role may also involve problem solving render issues, problem solving hardware and software issues. Configuring machines, setting up render nodes and disk images, weekly audits of machines and admin responsibilities. Working with APIs.
Talent Merchants - 12 months ago