The Fortress summer internship program is a nine-week program that provides talented students with the opportunity to work with experienced professionals, obtain insight into the work and culture of the Firm as a whole, build marketable skills, and gain exposure to the financial services industry. Summer interns will be exposed to the daily flow of business and will have the opportunity to contribute as valued members of the particular business group to which they are assigned. The summer program will include a series of educational seminars to allow interns to learn about other areas of the Firm, as well as a formal review process to provide them with feedback on their performance.
Our Information Technology group creates and applies global solutions that drive productivity and enable all of our businesses to meet their strategic goals. As an IT Infrastructure summer intern, you will have the opportunity to work on sophisticated systems using leading-edge technologies. You will be part of a team, building the infrastructure that is vital to achieving our business results. The internship may include some or all of the following responsibilities:
- Documenting migration plans, security access, and help guides
- Assisting in Data Center operations with maintaining servers, security, and data infrastructure
- Documenting and updating disaster recovery and business continuity plans
- Special projects
We look for people with computer science or engineering backgrounds who have a passion for excellence and a desire to be challenged as well as:
- Strong technical and problem-solving capabilities
- Team and achievement orientation
- Commercial focus and interest in financial markets
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and sense of urgency in completing projects
To apply for a summer internship, please visit www.fortress/Career/Default.aspx . In order to be considered for a position, all candidates must include their GPA. All applications must be submitted by 5PM on Monday, March 11th.