Tech Providers, Inc., a woman-owned Alabama Corporation with its corporate office located in Birmingham, Alabama, provides consultants nationwide. TPI addresses your technical resource requirements, allowing you to focus on your business. We allow you the ability to hire, manage, and pay IT contractors by being the single point of accountability. Our strength is in our people; we are ready to work hard for you.
Senior Application Administrator
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Senior Application Administrator is responsible for configuration and support of network applications and web application platforms for OSS and customer facing applications. This administrator will work directly with projects teams, development teams, and engineering groups to understand the overall functionality and integration points of each application in order to support the QA and staging lab environments.
The supported applications will typically be standard service provider applications such as Apache, Tomcat, JBOSS, and other in-house developed Linux based applications and tools. They will also be responsible for supporting the development team’s CVS repository and may serve as a back-up to other engineers on the team for the applications that they support.
Implement, configure, and maintain web and network application solutions to support new project goals and objectives in the lab environments. This includes ensuring that the lab infrastructure matches production environments for consistency of changes and new deployments.
1. Must have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or 5-8 years of equivalent expertise in administering web based and network application solutions in a service provider environment.
2. Possess a strong technical skill set including knowledge of Solaris, Linux, IP networking and server load balancing concepts.
3. Understanding of typical Broadband ISP web and java applications such as Apache, JBOSS, Tomcat, and Weblogic.
4. Must have strong administration experience with web, email and other Internet related applications.
5. Must have some conceptual knowledge with IP routing, switching, IP management and subnetting.
6. Good understanding of TCP/IP Networking including OSI Model and basic Unix system level network troubleshooting skills.
7. Must have excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
8. Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
ZipRecruiter - 2 years ago