Plum Creek is one of the United States' largest private land owners! We're listed on the S&P 500, located in 19 states and our various business groups include professionals in forestry, real estate, land management, manufacturing, accounting, human resources, legal, and IT. Our 70+ person, multi-state distributed IT team is driven and passionate about their desire to deploy technology and initiatives which help our businesses achieve Plum Creek's goals nationwide.
We have an opening for an IT Application Analyst / Project Coordinator located in Athens, Georgia , a vibrant and cultural university town, one hour east of Atlanta and close to the North Georgia Mountains. This community has a population of 115,000 and offers excellent education and recreational opportunities.
Plum Creek has a collaborative, team centric, execution oriented culture focused on delivery. Plum Creek values strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills in addition to solid technical skills. We look for motivated people interested in identifying and championing new ideas and technologies that add value. We strive to have a good balance between career and personal life and between cutting edge and proven technology.
As a member of the 12 person Application Management Team , you will add value through assisting with business analysis, project management and delivery of information systems for Plum Creek’s real estate, recreational lease, land management, and energy and renewable resources businesses. As a member of the overall Plum Creek IT group, you will work in a collaborative, customer focused, dynamic and fast paced learning environment with an emphasis on continuous quality improvements to our service and processes.
To be successful, you must be interested in developing knowledge of Plum Creek business processes, and the information systems that support those processes. You will hone your interpersonal skills by establishing strong relationships and providing exceptional customer service. You will have primary responsibility for providing customer support for specific applications and conducting system testing. You will collaborate with your manager and the business line functional lead in the development of business cases, project charters, process definitions, and functional requirements. Your growth will be facilitated by opportunities to collaborate with other analysts, other IT team members, self-study, and external training.
As an IT Application Analyst / Project Coordinator , you will:
- Build productive working relationships with customers. Listen and respond to customer needs.
- Develop knowledge of and document business processes (e.g., legal and real estate transactions, recreational lease transactions, land valuation).
- Partner with customers and technical staff to identify and define business requirements for enhancements.
- Coordinate, conduct, and document system testing activities.
- Provide application support for customers and coordinate with appropriate technical personnel to resolve issues.
- Provide support to senior project staff in training, meeting coordination, documentation and other project management activities.
- Understand, practice and improve Plum Creek’s processes, best practices and standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Minimum of two years of relevant information technology experience required.
- Experience, or exposure to, managing business and/or technology projects, software development, business process analysis and design, technical support, software application testing and training preferred.
- Experience, or exposure to, implementing both packaged and custom-developed systems a plus.
- Skilled in supporting customers, completing tasks, and writing user documentation.
- Exceptional organizational abilities, written and oral communication, and customer service skills.
- Proven ability to operate and effectively communicate while under pressure; as well as the ability to manage a diverse workload and work under time constraints with minimal supervision.
- Interest in facilitating and managing knowledge sharing.
Plum Creek wants to attract and keep the best people -- the team who drives our business success. That is why we offer superior performers opportunities for compensation that is in the top 25% for our marketplace. Your benefits package from Plum Creek consists of a comprehensive range of benefits including Healthcare coverage, Health and Dependent Daycare Funds, Life and Disability protection, Saving and Retirements benefits, Paid Time Off, and more.
Salary: $47,900 - $63,400 + up to 5% Bonus potential
For more information about Plum Creek, please visit our web site at: www.plumcreek.com .
Plum Creek is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is not open to agencies or 3rd party recruiters. We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
Plum Creek - 16 months ago
Plum Creek is one of the largest private landowners in the United States, with 6.7 million acres and over 40 offices from coast-to-coast. We...