U.S. Citizenship is required.
Headquartered in Ashburn, VA, Intelligent Decisions (ID), a premier systems integrator, provides a broad range of innovative, IT professional services, software, hardware and manufacturing solutions to Federal, State and Local governments and Fortune 1000 customers. Ranked on the VARBusiness 500 and CRN's Fast Growth 100, ID offers best-value pricing and helps clients meet their strategic goals and mission objectives. ID is a results oriented organization full of smart, energetic people with a passion for solving the industry's most challenging IT problems
The IT Asset Management - Lead will provide Asset and Inventory Management support as part of an ITIL v3 integrated life-cycle Service Asset and Configuration Management (SACM) process, using the ServiceNow set of tools. The scope of support we will provide includes the following:
• Maintaining hardware and software inventories, to include development and capturing all configuration item (CI) information necessary for providing life-cycle support.
• Provisioning and software deployment, to include capturing all modifications to CIs, from initial provisioning to all IMAC support such as deployment of new and/or upgraded software.
• Security Management, to include the identification of items that require updates and/or patches and subsequent scanning and reporting on the success of the patch deployment process.
• Service Level Agreements, to include accuracy requirements, responsiveness in providing reports.
• Service Catalogs, to include a connection between IMAC requests and the Request Fulfillment process that modifies the status of an asset.
• Tracking of warranty status on all Warranties to identify when a component will require an extended warranty/maintenance contract.
· Responsible for validation of Software and Technology entitlements including expertise with respect to installation and use rights and conditions, license metrics and counting rules, and interpretation of a few Software, Hardware, and license types.
· Responsible for the definition and enforcement of software policies, metrics, and supporting practices in order to ensure compliance to license entitlements and this includes conducting audits and performing analytics to identify proactive actions, and ensuring remediation.
· Leads end-to-end management of the IT Software Asset Management process by engaging all key stakeholders, and collaborating with functional process owner to establish process integration
· Manage the catalog for Software titles; coordinate the relationship between the catalog and definitive software library.
· Communicate effectively including but not limited to being comfortable in presenting solutions and recommendations to senior management.
· Document and articulate the environment through detailed design documents and implementation plans.
· Experience with asset management tools (Symantec Altiris, MS SCCM, LANDesk)
· Knowledge and effective use of Asset Management tools: CMDB, deployment, discovery tools, request tools, etc.
· Background with scripting language is a + (i.e. C#, C++, .NET, Perl, VB, etc.).
· Knowledge and application of the following Asset Management processes: new SW purchase, SW maintenance renewals, SW license reuse
· Preferred experience setting up policy and customization with the IBM TEM Relevance language and the creation of Fixlets.
· Preferred technical abilities in architecting, designing and implementing an Enterprise Solution
· Preferred experience customizing and establishing web reports and using the IBM Software Usage Analytics platform.
Skill Sets desired:
Experience with (IT Management Tools): Altiris, LANDesk, SCCM, WSUS, Tivoli
Experience with (Scripting): C#, C+, JAVA, Visual Basic, .NET
Experience with MS SQL Server
Since 1988, Intelligent Decisions (ID) has been developing innovative IT solutions to solve the most challenging requirements of our client,...