Staff and Senior Information Technology (IT) Auditor
The Risk Services practice provides services, on an outsourcing and co-sourcing basis, that help clients manage business risk, improve processes and internal controls and comply with the provisions of Sarbanes-Oxley.
Our team, which is one of the largest and most diverse groups of its kind in the Midwest, consists of professionals dedicated to providing risk-based advisory services. Our Risk Services group works with public and private organizations of all industries and sizes to make sure they are effectively managing risks inherent to their organizations. Our services range from cutting edge data analysis and information security to fraud prevention and Sarbanes-Oxley consulting.
To join the dynamic and growing team, our IT Audit professionals perform high quality work for clients, exceed client expectations, and are responsible for their work. The IT Auditor typically works under the general supervision of an Engagement Manager or Supervisor. IT Auditors on our team will consider how the IT environment affects the client's operations and develop holistic, workable recommendations. IT auditors should be excited about learning new applications and being trained in various specializations by experts. We look for and select Staff and Senior IT Auditors that are analytical, experienced, and competent, to ensure that the quality of the service performed 'delights' our customers.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
Staff IT Auditor
1. Have the ability to perform audit procedures, as well as, investigate, research, and analyze risks.
1. Adept at assessing information technology and identifying risks which warrant audit attention.
2. Possess knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures utilized to assess information technology.
2. Apply information systems control concepts in a wide variety of settings and be able to independently assess the exposures resulting from ineffective or missing control practices.
3. Be adept at evaluating information system audit results from management's perspective, even when defined criteria or standards do not exist.
4. Effectively perform job functions based on supervisor direction, experience, judgment, and pre-established guidelines.
4. Provide appropriate levels of supervision and quality assurance review to assess that work performed by others is competently performed and meets established standards.
5. Be able and willing to complete work in a confident, confidential, responsible, and accountable manner within deadlines.
5. Be able to effectively evaluate overall audit results, weighing the relevancy, accuracy, and perspective of conclusions against the accumulated audit evidence. This applies to both individual technology processes as well as the technology application as a whole.
6. Effectively communicate audit results, both verbally and in writing, that are persuasive, contextually sound, and understood by the recipient.
7. Interact effectively with clients, stakeholders, and team members in a wide variety of settings.
8. Perform a variety of complex tasks and be able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
9. Exhibit creativity and innovation when recommending improvements to departmental audit practices and processes. Encourage and foster a positive workplace.
10. Possess the desire and ability to work 40 to 50 hours on a weekly basis.
11. Be professionalism at all times and display a willingness to learn new concepts and ideas.
12. Be interested in and willing to travel up to 30%, both domestically and internationally.
Staff - 1 to 2 years of relevant IT Audit experience
Senior - 2 to 5 years of relevant IT Audit experience
1. Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in IT or business.
2. Professional designations are preferred, but not mandatory.
3. Effective verbal and written communication, including presentation skills.
4. Critical thinking and analytical skills.
5. Be able to contribute individually and as part of a team.