This position is responsible for the IT business analysis and production support of multiple LCEC business applications, IT project management and process improvement roles for enhancements, upgrades, and small to larger scaled IT projects.
- Software/Technical Support:
o Application: Provide ownership for analysis and business liaison support for multiple existing software applications within the company. This will cover IT support for functional areas across the different departments and functions such as billing, MES, CIS, Finance, Property Management, payroll, HR, and Engineering. Partner with business and project leaders to tee-up focus groups to address and remedy application related issues.
o Incident and Change Management: Provide management of resolution for overall incident occurrence and requests for change within assigned portfolio. Lead in the preparation and delivery of portfolio status updates to business leaders. Ensure that application specific change management forums are following LCEC’s change management methodology.
o Reporting: Identify end-user requirements for more complex ad-hoc queries utilizing query languages (e.g., Discoverer, Crystal server, SQL query). Analyze recommended automated solutions that will minimize IT ad-hoc support. Analyze existing reports and suggest enhancements to support departmental metrics reporting.
o Third Party: Fully understand the functions of third-party application software and technical requirements. Evaluate business requirements and compare to software functionality. Assist business leaders and functional project managers with gathering requirements to complete the vendor requests for information and request for proposal documentation.
- Portfolio, Project and Process Management Support:
o Project Management: Manage small-to-large projects. Oversee the identification and documentation of requirements for targeted deliverables, service level agreements, and implementation events. Provide business analyst support to business owners for projects and processes within assigned portfolio. Use standard project management tools such as MS Project for assigned projects. Assume a leading role in the administration of LCEC’s PMO discipline. Provide on-going PM support and cross-training to LCEC project managers.
o Process Improvement: Provide ownership within assigned portfolio areas to document and communicate high-level systems functions, processes, and interfaces. Lead efforts to implement process improvement opportunities based on customer feedback. Oversee
the LCEC Process Architecture Road-Map and associated data repositories. Assume a leading role in LCEC’s Process Improvement program.
o Subcommittees: Participate in portfolio specific subcommittees to address, prioritize, and propose IT solutions and alternatives, while keeping business needs, performance, usability, and quality in mind. Meet with business leaders to address requests for change and any associated escalations to the Executive Steering Committee.
- Customer Service Support:
o Soft Skills: Model, monitor, and promote proactive and positive interaction between IT, user community, and vendor or consulting teams. Facilitate resolution of improvement opportunities where needed. Maintain effective working relationships with employees and customers at all levels within LCEC. Suggest and provide effective team interaction coaching to team members.
o Communication: Deliver concise written and oral communication to IT and the LCEC user community for production support issues as well as assigned enhancements or project tasks. Provide current and accurate information to all requesters, courteously and in a timely manner. Ensure smooth operations, productive communications, and effective understanding occurs during all interpersonal contacts.
o Training: Partner with functional leaders to promote, create, and maintain end-user training material for new and modified application functionality as well as daily business as-usual training (e.g., closing tender controls). Provide project management and process improvement cross-training to LCEC resources where required.
- Maintain effective working relationships with employees and customers at all levels within LCEC. Ensure smooth operations, productive communications, and effective understanding during all
interpersonal contacts. Provide current and accurate information to all requesters, courteously and in a timely manner.
• BS Degree or AS in Business or IT (plus 4 years experience).
• Plus 5 years experience in Business Application Support.
• Success in managing small to large projects.
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite, query languages, and/or programming,
including active working knowledge of MS Project.
• Understanding of client server, web, and relational database platforms.
• Experience supporting electric utility business and/or Finance/Accounting applications.
• Demonstrated successful use of structured process improvement and
project management disciplines.
• Working knowledge of change management.
• Two (2) years’ experience in a UNIX environment.
• Oracle or other technology or business certification.
• Project management, six-sigma, Oracle or equivalent certifications.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
• Physical Demands: May be required to sit for extended periods of time at a desk/computer terminal. Able to view computer monitor from a reasonable distance.
• Work Environment: Air-conditioned office, computer room.
Please note that at the time a candidate is made a job offer, the candidate will be subject to a drug test and background check.