The IT Business Analyst will work with IT and the Business to define and deliver solutions that meet business objectives. Responsible for combining business and technology skills with strong leadership, communication, negotiation, facilitation, and presentation skills. Serves as the ultimate facilitator between Business and IT in truly understanding the business's needs and plays a key role in the overall management and success of a project through the entire project lifecycle. Using proven methods and tools, this position leads the planning, eliciting, analyzing, validating and managing of requirements, business processes, high-level solution design, test case design, and implementation planning & support - in partnership with Project Managers, Business Stakeholders, and IT interfacing groups. This position may also be called upon to lead other IT project work based on changing project demands
1. Leads the Business requirements process on assigned projects.
- Works with the Business and Project Management on the definition of the project’s scope.
- Develops, communicates, and implements plans for defining requirements complete with timelines, approach, stakeholders, and deliverables.
- Facilitates requirements gathering sessions with multiple stakeholders to extract requirements using best practice methods and tools.
- Forms a partnership with the business teams to deeply understand their business.
2. Works with the Project Management Office to ensure a consistent methodology is developed and adhered to.
- Performs gap analysis to understand the process deficiencies and ensures compliance.
3. Participates as active, engaged team member by successfully completing assigned team tasks as documented in Work Plan and by serving as a primary resource dedicated to designing, building, testing, and activating the application database.
· Creates and maintains regular status reports to immediate Team Leader / Project Manager as needed.
· Attends weekly, or as needed, team meetings to discuss team and project related activities: issues, change, communications, and updates.
4. Performs application testing on assigned projects.
· Assists testing team in the creation of testing artifacts in order to meet stated requirements.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent 4 year experience in related field.
· Minimum of 3 years experience in an IT Business Analyst role in a project-based environment.
John C. Lincoln Health Network - 12 months ago