From concept-to-commercialization, Ryt-way provides ingenuity, flexibility, efficiency, and responsiveness to deliver value at every stage in the food packaging process. Ryt-way Industries is the one company that can deliver speed, precision, and performance from start to finish. Our goal is to save time, reduce materials, increase speed, and lower overall cost. Rytway requires employees that operate in good faith with a positive attitude and collaborative work style. It is essential that Ryt-way employees are committed to a safe and healthy work environment.
AUTHORITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY
Business Analyst – Manufacturing & Operations has responsibility for the development and support of the information systems solutions to meet the needs of our IT customers (both internal and external.) Position involves data modeling, database design, documentation, report and query writing, and extensive internal customer interaction. This position has no direct supervision responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Business Analyst consist of but are not limited to:
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ADMINISTRATION
- Oversee and support the list of information systems needs of our IT customers in an area of focus. These customers may be both internal and external.
- Importing, cleaning, transforming, validating or modeling data with the purpose of understanding or making conclusions from the data for decision making purposes.
- Working with key internal customers (ex. Manufacturing, Planning, Distribution) to document query and report requirements and build these out to spec to meet the reporting and analysis requirements.
- Help reinforce good project management and software development methodology.
- Design and implement applications to capture data for reporting and analysis needs.
- Maintain a high level of customer communication to insure that IT is responsive to their needs and that the client/customer is aware of the capabilities and limitations of their systems.
- Organize and document the programs and systems under their jurisdiction for internal and customer use.
- Assist/advise the manager in the support of other areas of the IT department as needed - including the computer network, mail systems, applications, EDI and other areas.
- Assist/advise the manager in evaluating software, applications, systems and long-range planning, and in developing policy and procedure.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- At any given time, will be responsible for task and Project Management and/or supporting of multiple projects.
- Developing and presenting data in charts, graphs, tables, designing and developing relational databases for collecting data and in some organizations it also includes building or designing data input or data collection screens.
- Must be willing to provide off-hours support/be on-call off-hours as scheduled.
- Remain current in the field of Information Systems – applications, systems, tools, solutions.
- May give technical direction, training, or assistance to others in the department as appropriate and needed.
- Contributes to team effort by communicating regularly and professionally, accomplishing related results and performing all other necessary duties/work as assigned.
- A four year degree in Computer Science, IT, Business Technology, MIS, or related degree
- Three to five years of experience in similar Senior Business Analyst role.
- Experience with a database oriented tools in a network environment. Advanced proficiency in data query tools, MS SQL Server, MS SSRS & SSIS, MS Access and MS Sharepoint Administration
- Experience with documentation of business requirements and demonstrated understanding of key business drivers of value
- Above average verbal, telephone, and written communication skills. A demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with customers/clients, both internal and external to the organization.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage projects and /or support multiple tasks and projects concurrently
- Ability to work independently
Hearthside Food Solutions
- 2 years ago - save job