IT Business Architect - Information Technology Services
Berkeley, California based opportunity
ABOUT MSCI Inc.
MSCI is a leading provider of investment decision support tools, we offer a range of products and services - including indices, portfolio risk and performance analytics, and governance tools; from a number of internationally recognized brands such as Barra, RiskMetrics, CFRA, FEA and ISS.
For further information on MSCI, please visit our web site at www.msci.com .
The IT Business Architect is a new position to be based at the MSCI campus facility in Berkeley, CA. The role will be primarily responsible for supporting the new IT Business Management practice. The purpose of the Business Management team is to ensure the Information Technology product roadmap is in line with the company strategy as well as support the development and enhancements of the MSCI infrastructure platform. The individual will report to the Information Technology Business manager and will support the team in managing the business lifecycle for IT products & services from the provisioning process, target user definitions, through consumption, enhancements, maintenance approach and strategic decommissioning.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Support the daily operations of the IT Business Management team gathering requirements on the IT product line through interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Assist the Business Manager in critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Collaborate with different peers in business units (product lines and application development) to establish technical and functional views on the IT platform and analyze the tradeoff between usability and performance.
- Track the analysis results through different media (presentations, MSWord documents, Excel spreadsheets)
- Manage Business Units expectations overlooking project timelines and milestones
- Ensure deliverables are at the adequate level of quality to meet Business Units needs in their day to day operations
- Produce and maintain IT product/service documentation around functional specifications, SLAs and platform roadmap to ensure transparency and visibility on the platform to the wider IT community
- Create and maintain cost analysis and financial model to support the IT infrastructure roadmap
MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs. Please do not forward CVs to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.
- Master Degree or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years related IT Business Analyst work experience
- Familiarity with IT infrastructure dynamics and IT architecture
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding global environment, supporting colleagues located around the world with differing native languages, cultures, and time-zones
- Attention to detail, but also ability to see the bigger picture and achieve the proper balance between 100% accuracy and timeliness (the 80/20 rule)
- Knowledge of product management (IT industry desirable but not required)
- Comfortable to work with high profile peers at the business level
- Basic understanding of accounting concepts (accruals, prepayments, opex vs. capex)
- Basic understanding of cost modeling (direct vs. indirect costs, Activity based costing)
- Experience in Project Management, lean production and Continuous Improvement Frameworks
- Experience in exposure to senior management staff (BU leads, Practice Leads, CxO)
- Strong written and spoken skills a must
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MSCI - 13 months ago