Kantar Operations is a specialist organisation, staffed by operations professionals tasked with leading Kantar’s operational strategy.
Our ‘client-centric’ focus means that client requirements, through effective engagement with Kantar’s research businesses, are always put at the centre of our activities. Our role is to develop world class operational solutions that meet the need for faster turnaround, reduced costs, global consistency and which ensure data integrity.
In recognition of the importance of delivering cost effective, consistent operational solutions, Kantar Operations has accountability for leading Kantar’s global sourcing strategy and for establishing common global standards for core market research processes. This includes development of best practice for areas such as face to face and telephone data collection ; sampling ; scripting, coding, data entry and data processing ; metrics and operational performance measurement.
IT Data Analyst
Your Data Analysis Skills can make a difference!
is part of Kantar, the insight and consultancy arm of WPP Group plc, a FTSE 100 and NASDAQ listed company. Kantar Operations is an internal provider of market research services to the Kantar group. Kantar Operations identifies, creates and delivers world class operational solutions for Kantar's research businesses by harnessing the combined power of technology, people and know how.
What will you be doing?
Collect information for key business-critical applications, analyze that data, and make actionable recommendations that help guide strategy around planning and design. These business applications are used by one of the world's largest insight, information and consultancy networks to service project work for many of the world's globally renowned brands. You will use problem solving skills to seek performance improvements and efficiencies that currently impact a quickly growing, global user-base.
* Work with application hosting and support teams to identify opportunities,research to gather data, design reportsandmake recommendations for the following areas
* Problematic system performance
* System utilization trends * scaling opportunities
In collaboration with other
* Develop strategies that optimize system efficiency and quality
* Develop, implement and maintain appropriate data tools/processes and repositories
* Interpret data and develop recommendations based on findings
* Develop graphs, reports, and presentations of project results
* Create and present dashboards for both senior management and system owners
* Generate routine and ad hoc reports
* Ability to produce clear, concise and actionable reports (examples a big plus)
* Ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner
* Advanced in Excel; proficient in Word and PowerPoint
* Intermediate skill-level working with SQL Server (others database experience considered)
* Experience working with business intelligence products like Cognos, Business Objects, etc.
* Experience in data mining techniques, procedures and industry standard tools (Splunk, SawMill) and knowing when their use is appropriate
* Technical expertise regarding data models and database design development
* Programming skills preferred (primarily for mining and transforming data)
* Experience using SAS, SPSS, or other statistical packages for analyzing large datasets a plus
* Bachelor's degree in Information Management, Computing, Statistics or related fields
* 3-5 years experience at a minimum preferred
Job required skills:
SQL Database Server, SPSS, Analytics, Data Analysis, Advanced Excel
United States, Austin, Texas
Kantar Operations is part of Kantar which is the information, insight and consultancy arm of WPP Group plc, a FTSE 100 and Nasdaq listed...