Provide support and maintenance for computer equipment across the campus. Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements
- Perform equipment maintenance activities in a timely and efficient manner, so as to maximize availability to faculty and students.
- Troubleshoot and maintain all equipment in assigned area(s).
- Assist Technology Support Supervisor with maintaining the use of appropriate software programs in widespread usage by students at the school.
- Maintain updated inventory records on all equipment.
- Respond to student and employee questions.
- Serve as liaison with service contractors.
- Evaluate equipment performance and recommend changes and upgrades.
- Other duties as assigned.
Technology Support Supervisor
Central Services Systems staff, school staff, faculty and student populations
- Associate's degree in Computer Science or a related technology field required with a Bachelor's preferred.
- Three or more years of solid experience with hardware, software and affiliated technology issues preferably in a post-secondary institution.
- Two or more years of strong exposure to hardware and software packages as well as PC AND Macintosh experience preferably in an art/technology field related.
- Experience providing support in a remote environment and comfort with the online learning paradigm.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with both faculty and student populations.
- Superior organization, prioritization, self-motivation, and problem resolution skills.
- Familiarity with specialized art and technology hardware and software.
- Ability to analyze problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to interact effectively as either a leader or as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. students, staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds independently and up to 50 pounds with assistance.
Work Environment & Notice
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Education Management Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.
The Art Institute of York- Pennsylvania - 18 months ago
We invite you to learn more about The Art Institutes below - and hope you find that The Art Institute is the media arts school, with the...