Safeway Inc., a Fortune 100 Company, is one of the largest food and drug retailers in North America with 1,600+ stores. The Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S. and Canada.
The IT Customer Service & Support organization provides support for our retail, backstage and warehouse team members. This team prides it’s self on strong business partnerships that foster collaboration. This position will have the opportunity to provide leadership and oversight of the implementation of our new Warehousing and Supply Chain applications.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Align to Safeway’s IT Service Management Strategy supporting our vision of a customer centric view to service providing continued operational improvements.
• Work closely with business partners to provide operational updates and collaborate on opportunities for improvements
• Work closely with Application Development to plan and ensure that we are able to deliver the service our business partners are expecting.
• Collaborate with vendor partners on product improvement opportunities and support feedback
• Foster a strong vendor partnership that encourages collaboration and offers improvement opportunities through better supportability and usability.
• Accountable for the Support Business Relationship Managers for the Supply Chain, Marketing and Infrastructure Portfolios which includes 24 X 7 support of portfolio applications and hardware
• Direct responsibility for 3rd level support teams with oversight responsibility for our 2nd level support teams in our Manila location.
• Additional responsibilities include local corporate backstage field services for all Bay Area facilities including executive support.
• Accountable for the project managers and project management of that support lifecycle deployments for both hardware and software.
• Provide team members with an environment of coaching, mentoring, feedback and staff development
• Establish operational metrics to measure, monitor and improve service delivery and support
• Regular monitoring of department expense and capital budget
• Travel required: 20%
• BS/BA in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related experience
• 10+ years leading teams that are both operational and innovative
• Demonstrated results of managing to objectives
• Ability to build team and maintain positive working relationships of the team across the company
• Comfortable at communicating at both a technical and executive level
• Results oriented, willing to take responsibility and accept accountability for action
• Genuine desire to provide superior customer service
• Strong communication and leadership skills with the demonstrated ability to lead and influence technical professionals across the enterprise
• Comfortable with ambiguity as needs change on a regular basis with a high degree of initiative and sense of urgency
• Excellent oral and written skills with the ability to interact with senior management, technical subject matter experts, and business customers are essential in this role
• Ability to work on multiple initiatives and projects simultaneously
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting www.CareersAtSafeway.com
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
For many Americans, "going to Safeway" is synonymous with "going to the grocery store." Safeway is one of North America's largest food...