IT Help Desk Specialist/Active TS & Poly/Northern VA
Technical Support Services
Remote Work Authorized
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Oct 12, 2012, 8:55:10 AM
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for recording incidents and providing support to the users. Provides a total customer support service as a single point of contact for all issues relating to IT and IS services for a particular customer. Provides technical assistance to computer system users, including the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems. Maintains a service perspective including an understanding of relationships, dependencies and requirements of hardware and software components and the organizations that support them. Answers questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person, via telephone or from remote location. Provides assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, wordprocessing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
· Develop standards and guidelines to guide the use and acquisition of software and to protect vulnerable information.
· Modify existing databases and database management systems or direct programmers and analysts to make changes.
· Test programs or databases, correct errors and make necessary modifications.
· Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
· Approve, schedule, plan, and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems such as the installation of new databases. Train users and answer questions.
· Establish and calculate optimum values for database parameters, using manuals and calculator. Specify users and user access levels for each segment of database.
· Develop data model describing data elements and how they are used, following procedures and using pen, template or computer software.
· Develop methods for integrating different products so they work properly together such as customizing commercial databases to fit specific needs.
· Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project.
· Review procedures in database management system manuals for making changes to database.
· Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations.
· Select and enter codes to monitor database performance and to create production database.
· Identify and evaluate industry trends in database systems to serve as a source of information and advice for upper management.
· Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions.
· Review workflow charts developed by programmer analyst to understand tasks computer will perform, such as updating records.
· Revise company definition of data as defined in data dictionary.
· Answer users' inquiries regarding computer software and hardware operation to resolve problems, including requirements originating from a field location.
· Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
· Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
· Oversee the daily performance of computer systems.
· Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cable, operating systems, and appropriate software.
· Maintain record of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial action taken, and installation activities.
· Update and communicate with users about problem progress.
· Read technical manuals, confer with users, and conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems and to provide technical assistance and support.
· Monitor events and perform corrective actions according to documentation.
· Escalate incident reports to required groups and monitor as defined in SLA.
· Coordinate deployment of workstation software, communications services and
· equipment, server replacements and upgrades, and other IT changes at the field location.
· Coordinate site engineering plans, site surveys, and site installation Technical Design
· Participate in the deployment of applications and hardware impacting the current and
· proposed IT tools used in the field location.
- Performs or guides customers through the installation of hardware/software and networking components on their personal computer to meet computer needs.
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots problems with individual or multiple computer systems in order to maintain proper functioning; resolves issues of complexity including contacting and assisting vendors.
- Performs computer studies and projects relative to area of assignment; implements change in policies and/or procedures as approved.
- Assists in the design and development of standardized operational management reports in order to identify issues or monitor computers.
- Provides expertise to various parties vendors, customers, etc. regarding personal computers in area of assignment; supports personal computer changes and problem resolutions.
- Researches, analyzes, and provides hardware/software quotations, ordering information, and other purchasing information to users to assist in purchasing necessary equipment.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Four or more years of personal computer support experience
- Experience working with personal computer hardware, software, and terminology
- Experience working with personal computer systems and local area networks
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Good computer skills
- Good organization skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to maintenance computer operating systems
- Ability to install, remove, or repair basic computer systems
- Ability to operate computer peripherals including monitors, printers, and scanners
CSC est l’un des leaders mondiaux dans le conseil ainsi que dans la mise en oeuvre, pour les entreprises, de solutions et de services...