MDRC is seeking an IT Help Desk Technical Assistant to support the computing and communication infrastructure for the entire organization. The position includes delivery of consistent, expeditious customer support and guidance in a professional manner to the MDRC user community and its site partners and associates.
- Efficiently and effectively administer, manage, support, and integrate current and future computing.
- Install new software releases and system upgrades to all supported computing and communication devices as required and directed by the Help Desk Lead/Manager and/or senior IT staff.
- Install patches/updates and/or fixes to correct or enhance computing and communication, operating systems, utilities, applications, etc., as directed by the Help Desk Lead/Manager and/or senior IT staff.
- Analyze and resolve software and operating system problems within the MDRC computing and communication environment including MDRC’s partners/associates as directed by the Help Desk Lead/Manager and/or senior IT staff.
- Establish computing and communication operating system structure, performance, internal and external access, account structure, and connectivity to data, peripherals, and the structure itself, via approved MDRC process and procedures.
- Maintain data files/structure; monitor system configuration and insure its integrity.
- Under the supervision of senior IT staff, assist in the management and support of network devices. Provide full support for workstations and their operating systems, utilities, and applications.
- Maintain internal processes, procedures, and information pools, providing reports to management as requested.
- Provide assistance to other IT staff as required and directed by IT management, including the Help Desk Lead/Manager.
- Demonstrate proficiency with operating systems, utilities, browsers, and applications designed for the MDRC computing environment.
- Communicate and disseminate computing and communication information in a timely and accurate manner, consistent with established corporate security protocols and policy.
- Foster and maintain a positive atmosphere in which skill-building and professional development are encouraged.
- Apply and maintain computing and communication security policies, processes, and procedures.
- Insure data integrity, confidentiality, and protection against unauthorized access, intrusion, and/or infection by viruses, worms, etc.
- Fulfill the responsibilities assigned by the Help Desk Lead/Manager and/or senior IT staff, insuring efficient and successful execution of projects, including travelling to different sites.
- Work with the Help Desk Lead/Manager and/or senior IT staff to obtain status of equipment and related services necessary for the completion of assigned projects.
As an Equal Opportunity Employee, MDRC strongly encourages minorities, women, people with disabilities, and veterans to apply. Legal work authorization required.
- Degree/s in Computer Science, Technology, or Programming.
- Three to five years of professional help desk experience.
- Certification in Comptia A+.Microsoft Office Professional Certification is a plus.
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair, configure, operate hardware.
- Great understanding of Microsoft Operating System and Office Products.
- Familiarity with Encryption software.
- Excellent customer service.
- Excellent time and project management.
- Strong reading, writing, comprehension, and analytical skills.
- Must be innovative, self-motivated, and display personal initiative.
MDRC - 15 months ago