SUMMARY: Provides end-user support, training and documentation for managing the day to day operations of service requests that impact workstations, printers, laptops and associated hardware and software.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Respond to service requests (including logging, tracking, research, resolution or dispatch and follow up). Ensures assigned Service Desk requests are processed in a timely manner.
2. Installs, configures, troubleshoots and corrects problems with computer hardware and software (including operating system and applications software).
3. Provides Level I end-user support according to ITS department support policies:
a. Ensures that all requests from users are logged and escalation procedures are followed
b. Woks in collaboration with all Service Desk Team members to ensure that phone coverage is maintained throughout the business day
c. Answers Service Desk phone calls, logging incidents in Track-It
d. Provides timely and accurate issue support and resolution for incidents reported by phone, email or walk-up
e. Monitors Service Desk Team queue in Track-It, promptly coding, escalating and assigning incoming tickets as appropriate
f. Monitors Service Desk mailbox to ensure all emails received generate Service Desk tickets.
4. Triages, documents and escalates issues with Custom Applications in the Monarch environment (including but not limited to Practice Connect, EZ-CAP and reporting utilities):
a. Thoroughly investigates customer issues and provides detailed documents of all facts around the issue for troubleshooting purposes, including the exact steps that produce the error, scope of error (one user or multiple users), time of day, software and driver versions, software and driver configurations, other processes running on system
b. Escalates fully documented issues to Systems Analysis group for further investigation.
5. Performs and ensures successful completion of nightly file server tape backups. Is responsible for proper tape rotation and off-site storage.
6. Creates and administers Active Directory accounts and permissions in response to account requests, in accordance with IT departmental rules and policies.
7. Performs employee Moves, Transfers and New Hire deployments, in accordance with IT departmental rules and policies:
a. Flexibly and cheerfully accommodates short-notice requests
b. Applies knowledge of departmental requirements to anticipate needs not stated in Customer request, proactively ensuring user is able to work effectively from day one
c. Accurately completes Deployment Checklist. Creates and deploys New User letter as prescribed in IT Department procedures
d. Informs Requesting Manager of task status and completion.
8. Maintains capital asset, software and spare parts inventory system. Cleans up after themselves in the IT Lab, ensuring that the status of inventory items is clearly marked and that inventory and supplies are put where they belong.
9. Ensures physical security of IT inventory and supplies:
a. Secures IT Lab at end of workday
b. Secures all small high-value items (such as laptop computers, RAM modules, disk drives, cell phones and BlackBerrys) are locked up in the IT Lab or in a desk drawer before leaving at end of shift.
10. Ensures network security:
a. Regularly runs provided system tools to scan for evidence of intrusion attempts. In the event suspicious activity is found, documents the issue and escalates to Network Engineering.
11. Monitors incoming calls and tickets for signs of virus outbreak. If suspected or identified, removes infected systems from network, notifies management and engages in team effort to eradicate outbreak.
12. Creates procedural documentation for all job tasks.
13. Suggests ways to improve department workflow. Keeps supervisor informed of problems or issues with existing workflows.
14. Responsible for Level I telephone system support and operations. Ensures that repairs and/or changes are performed in a timely manner.
15. Maintains computer Disk Images for desktop and laptop computer fleet, ensuring that images are kept current and that content and changes are documented.
16. Participates in after-hours Support Desk phone rotation according to After Hours Support policy.
17. Regular and consistent attendance.
DRIVING: This position may involve driving to perform tasks at remote locations. Must possess and maintain a valid California driver's license and auto insurance.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four year college or university; 2-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum 2 years experience of Microsoft Office and Windows support. Solid. interpersonal and organizational skills including the ability to interact with all levels of the organization. Proven track record of sound troubleshooting and analytical skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to provide detail documentation of a technology incident. Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects. Health Care industry experience preferred. Must be self motivated.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Named as one of Orange County's Top places to Work for four consecutive years! Monarch HealthCare is widely recognized as one of the country's most innovative and pioneering health care companies. Monarch recently partnered with Optum Health, an industry leader in health services, to better deliver on our promise of improving health care in the communities we serve. governed and operated by physicians, Monarch is the largest physician organization in Orange County with over 2,300 physicians caring for more than 190,000 patients. Monarch HealthCare along with Optum Health has assembled a competition compensation package that recognizes the many contributions by our dedicated employees and strives to keep our employees as satisfied, long term business partners! Our competitive salary, robust employee health plans, generous retirement package and "work-life balance" vacation schedules are the cornerstone of our employee friendly health and welfare plans! "Helping physician partners advance Medical excellence in the communities We serve."
What makes your technology career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You'll have the most opportunities to grow and develop. We invest in rich technology resources and talented people to help glean and use intelligence in ways that drive quality and affordability of healthcare for millions of people worldwide. It's your chance to be a transformational force in the industry and within UnitedHealth Group. If you believe there is always a better way, take the next step in exploring your potential with UnitedHealth Group.
OptumHealth is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
OptumHealth helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their health care needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
At OptumHealth, you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
Skills / Requirements
Monarch HealthCare - 9 months ago