The IT Information Management - Intern position is designed for college students in their junior year going into their senior year. The best aspect of the internship is that it opens doors to executives, professional development seminars, and an introduction to our industry. Interns will gain best practices, operational strategies, leading to post-graduation job opportunities and professional development experiences unlike any other.
- Current Authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Be enrolled as a full-time student preparing to enter their junior/senior year.
- Be at least 21 years or older by the time the program begins.
- Obtain school credit for participation in the internship.
- Minimum 1 year of cumulative work and/or internship experience.
- Participate in the full-length program.
- Currently hold and maintain an overall cumulative GPA of at least 2.8 or higher on a United States 4.0 Scale.
- Ability to submit University-issued transcripts, audition tapes/essays, upon request.
- Work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
- Participate in courses recommended by MGM Resorts University.
- Provide own housing and transportation to and from work.
- Must possess intermediate knowledge of the following computer software programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to deliver exceptional guest service and work independently.
- Possess effective decision-making and listening abilities with strong judgment skills.
- Excellent organizational skills to function reasonably under time constraints and within established deadlines.
- Possess attention to detail, ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information, and establish and maintain an effective professional working relationship with employees.
- Prolonged walking, standing and bending, manual dexterity to access the computer via computer keyboard and operate office equipment, work indoors, with occasional cold or warm temperatures, being exposed to such environmental conditions as CRT fatigue.
- Ability to remain seated before a computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Must have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance, adhering to MGM Resorts International standards.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- 1+ years of volunteer or active student organization leadership experience.
- Overall cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher on a United States 4.0 scale.
- Previous work experience in consumer products, hospitality, advertising, marketing/and or brand management preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical ability with strong communication skills.
- Project orientation and ability to handle simultaneous functions.
- Proven effectiveness working in a demanding, entrepreneurial environment.
- Foreign language skills.
- Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, self-motivated.
MGM Resorts International
- 2 years ago - save job
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...