The Infrastructure team is responsible for delivering and managing infrastructure solutions to support enterprise application systems and core infrastructure. The Infrastructure team offers backup, storage and virtualization services utilizing technologies including EMC storage, Avamar, Data Domain and Vmware virtualization products.
The candidate will exhibit strong leadership skills, will be forward systems thinking and be able to work effectively within the various business groups in which we support. The role will require the understanding of the enterprise architecture from end-to-end. Must be able to perform root cause analysis and be able to solve complex problems.
- Assists with production hardware and software system upgrades and installations.
- Performs equipment installations and relocation as required to support the business needs of the enterprise.
- Serves as point of escalation from the help desk and provides specific expertise in area of responsibility.
- Acts under the direction of and collaborates in the development of Enterprise Architecture standards.
- Participates in planning, installation and technical support of application deployments.
- Take ownership for understanding Peabody’s business processes to support end-to-end applications.
- Demonstrate an ability to understand and use development or administrative tools.
- Understand the change management process to implement system changes.
Education or Equivalent Experience/Skills:
- Utilize performance and capacity management tools for proactive management of our large distributed infrastructure environment.
- Proactively identify potential issues in the production environment and help recommend solutions.
- Prepare and ensure accuracy of documentation, procedures manuals, and troubleshooting documentation.
- Perform server audits and remediation.
- Mentor / cross-train local team members on existing and new technologies.
- Respond to escalated requests for issues regarding business and operational applications.
- Follow departmental standard processes for support of Peabody’s business applications.
- Perform monitoring and maintenance of overall Unix server operating systems and applications
- Manage load configurations and provide recommendations for improving performance.
- Use scripting languages to automate tasks and gather data.
- Communicate with internal customers, peers, and managers regarding database administration issues, and recommend solutions.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent working experience
- 5+ years of Enterprise level support experience
- Strong experience in operations and application administration
- Monitoring and maintenance of geographically dispersed diverse backup & Storage infrastructure
- Strong understanding of EMC array administration
- FC switch administration
- Understanding of current industry standard backup best practices and terminology – backup levels, file system vs. application backup methods, snapshots
- Experience with multiple types of systems and applications architecture, running on multiple hardware and software platforms
- A broad range of technical skills with a strong desire to constantly expand skillset
- Strong understanding of virtualization technologies
- Strong documentation & communication skills
- Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Positive, self-motivated individual who can complete goals independently
- Must be a team-player
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule, and manage personal work and small projects.
- Strong problem solving, decision-making, and analytical abilities
- Avamar & Data Domain
- Storage Administration
- Windows Server (2003 /2008) & Desktop (XP / 7)
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 / Exchange Server 2010
- Active Directory / Group Policy / DHCP / DNS / DFS
- Microsoft SQL Server
- VMware ESX 3.x, 4.x, 5.x / vCenter
- Microsoft App-V / VMware ThinApp / Citrix XenApp
- Clustering & Load Balancing
- Operating System Build Automation
- Storage Area Networks
In a time in which people still get most of their power from coal-fired plants, Peabody Energy is king. The world's largest...