Summary of Job Description
The incumbent will be part of the Information Technology Services (ITS) Workgroup Services Team responsible for a global client computing environment. This includes the configuration, deployment methodologies, and support of workstation applications. This position will also be involved in our Windows client deployment solution including processes for configuring and adding new PCs to the domain.
The role requires a technically strong individual with broad and deep Windows platform knowledge, who is resourceful, confident under pressure, and has demonstrated skill in a globally distributed environment.
• Primary responsibility for configuring options and packaging all software for installation in the Windows OS based client environment including Windows 7, XP, and Windows 8
o Strong expertise in application packaging and installer software capabilities
o Strong Windows development experience
o Deep understanding of Microsoft Windows architecture, including registry hives
o Expertise in resolving Windows OS and application failures
• Responsible for maintaining and enhancing an integrated license tracking solution to ensure workstations are properly licensed
• Involved in developing next generation PC deployment tools for a global, highly virtual workforce.
• Provide advanced troubleshooting for client hardware and software
• Adaptability/Flexibility – Demonstrates the ability to maintain professionalism and a positive attitude when encountering changes in the workplace.
• Initiates action – takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; is proactive. (i.e. Responds quickly; takes independent action; goes above and beyond)
• Flexible work hours
• Strong customer service skills
• Ability to track and maintain metrics as needed
• US permanent residence
• Bachelors in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent experience
• 5+ years experience supporting workgroup environments
• Working knowledge of.Net, C, Visual Basic or Power Shell
• Windows Operating System experience (XP, Win 7)
• Strong interpersonal skills, experience working with international contacts
• Ability to manage multiple tasks at once
• Experience with VDI solutions including VMWare View
• Experience with Macs and mobile devices
• Windows 8 experience
- 2 years ago - save job