Key Areas of Responsibility:
Initial contact for gathering requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business process descriptions, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis, gap analysis, etc.
- Understanding the major aspects of the architecture of the applications' environment, including components such as interface, middleware and infrastructure
- Take a role in driving the common policy, procedures and documentation for the web application portfolio
- Participate in workshops or end-user working sessions intended to gather requirements and validate designs; create user stories and/or functional specifications
- Participate in the development of user interface, navigation, and overall user experience.
- Perform functional testing; support QA team as required, identify and schedule UAT test plans, ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensure process is tested, documented (includes but not limited to user documentation, manuals, training materials, and/or other job aids) and follow process setup for application
- Understand the features, functions, limitations, and possibilities of all current systems and software and how they interact, to balance client requests with feasibility.
- Support RTS (requests/problems) tasks associated with IT Web Support. Includes gathering, prioritizing and development of functional specifications of issues & solutions.
- Leads and supports the web shop conversion tasks to onboard new customers, businesses and shops.
- Oversees and works with our business partner to prioritize the intranet, internet and web shop request and change backlog.
- Promote and support business personnel to expand web support capabilities.
- Monitors and reviews daily web shop processing to insure any errors/exceptions are identified and resolved.
- Other projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Critical thinking and decision making skills
- Self-starter and well organized
- Must be detailed oriented; excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of IT personnel, business executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application/operational requirements, and managing client/user expectations.
- Ability to quickly understand the business issues and data challenges of each application/client's application/organization.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills. Individual must be comfortable presenting in front of on-site or off-site (ie conference calls) audiences.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision, at a rapid pace, independently, and with a remote, cross-functional team, in a time-constrained environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and ability to consistently meet specific, time sensitive tasks.
- Intermediate experience with project management and software development lifecycle
- Intermediate to expert-level skill in: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Project; online meeting tools (i.e. NetMeeting, Genesys Meeting Center).
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Applications and/or similar field along with 5+ years equivalent experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, and employees at all levels in the organization. Strong listening skills (ask probing questions and understand responses).
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as statistics. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to assist with development, read, interpret and communicate financial reports.
Ability to analyze and define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software.
The attendance demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Attendance is required Monday through Friday within normal business hours. Employee may be required to work overtime, and occasional Saturdays and Sundays.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to handle, or feel. The employee may occasionally be required to reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is a high stress and fast paced environment. The position is in the corporate office, working closely with the IT staff as well as representatives from within the business. Overtime is required. Some travel may be required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions during travel. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Office environment.
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Rexel - 15 months ago