Alkermes plc is a fully integrated, global biopharmaceutical company that applies its scientific expertise and proprietary technologies to develop innovative medicines that improve patient outcomes. The company has a diversified portfolio of more than 20 commercial drug products and a substantial clinical pipeline of product candidates that address central nervous system (CNS) disorders such as addiction, schizophrenia and depression. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, Alkermes plc has an R&D center and US headquarters in Waltham, Massachusetts and manufacturing facilities in Athlone, Ireland, Wilmington, Ohio and Gainesville, Georgia. For more information, please visit Alkermes’ website at www.alkermes.com.
Alkermes is seeking an IT Manager with a complimentary finance / accounting back-ground for this newly-created role. The IT Manager will be a key member of the IT management team that will serve as the primary liaison between the IT organizations and the Finance and Administrative Departments (e.g. Human Resources, Legal, and Commercial) with responsibility for all aspects of IT applications management. In addition, this individual will lead and manage related business and systems initiatives, from a technical perspective.
The role will be based in Waltham MA.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Plan, manage and evaluate the work of a team of application support personal, ensuring the team is complying with defined service level agreements by aligning technical skills with business requirements.
- Ensure appropriate IT processes, procedures, and standards are in place
- Participate in the development of IT strategies and evaluation of new technologies/functionality by overseeing the planning, analysis, design, selection, installation and implementation of new technologies
- Build and foster effective relationships between the business and IT
- Oversee vendor relationships
- Actively contribute to annual planning and budgeting processes. Monitor budget-to-actual performance for key projects and strategic initiatives
- Participate in company initiatives/projects that require business application support while keeping in line with overall IT project roadmap
- Effectively manage projects using best practices and following required Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) policies
- Coordinate issue resolution with internal and external technical support providers
- Introduce best practice and process improvement ideas wherever appropriate
- Ensure adherence to Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) controls and FDA computer systems validation compliance. Execute and review ongoing compliance activities as required
- Ensure adherence to company's policies and procedures
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- B.S. in Accountancy or Information Technology preferred
- Must have a proven track record to lead a small-to-mid-sized team
- Must have solid application management experience working in a global environment
- Must have at least 5 years solid Accounting/Finance business systems experience
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system implementation or application support experience preferred.
Technical Knowledge/Skills Needed:
- Familiarity with deployment and support of ERP systems required. Oracle EBusiness Suite R12 experience preferred. SAP R3/ECC6 is a plus.
- Knowledge in Hyperion suite of applications (HFM, FDM, and Planning) preferred.
- Experience within pharmaceutical/biotech industry preferred with both FDA Validation and SOX compliance knowledge
- Demonstrated Project Management skills. PMI or equivalent certification preferred.
- Demonstrated business processes improvement capabilities
- Exhibits strong teaming skills, including facilitating group sessions and reaching consensus
Personal Attributes Needed:
- Ability to multitask – effectively manage simultaneous work requests across Finance, IT and other organizations, in various geographies
- Strong work ethic, with a proven track record in successfully achieving goals
- Ability to initiate, persuade and influence others on the best solutions to action
- Solid communication (verbal / written) and organizational skills and a strong professional presence
- Self-starter with the ability to work on projects with minimum supervision while adding value to cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage under a straight and dotted line scenario
- Ability to work across the global team to deliver cross functional projects
- Occasional business travel expected domestically (e.g. Ohio, Georgia) and internationally (e.g. Ireland)
EEO Statement: Alkermes, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
Alkermes, Inc. - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -