Basic Function/ Purpose
To provide leadership and direction for the Production Control team. Monitor report and control computer production job requests, report status and control the execution of normal production application on daily basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
Insure production jobs are executed according to predefined documented schedules.
Reviews, analyzes and implements any necessary corrective measures in response to production run error messages, reports and discrepancies in results.
Conducts daily operational update meeting with the business and provides status of production executions.
- Reviews production calendars for daily processing, and adjusts schedule to maximize productivity.
- Schedules and stages production run requests according to procedures and program dependencies listed in system documentation.
- Review and approve change requests being implemented into the production environment.
Answers questions and provides guidance to users, programmers and other systems personnel regarding problems with production runs, system difficulties or documentation requirements.
Create and implement production turnover documentation. Review and insure the documentation is complete before production implementation.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 7+ years of job related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Microsoft job execution.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for documenting requests and change control practices while performing job activities.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general technical periodicals, journals and procedures.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from information, employees, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; ability to interpret an extensive variety of legal and technical information; ability to exercise detailed analysis.
- Ability to quickly analyze and assess a situation (minor to moderate in complexity) and make a decision regarding further handling of the request
- High level of understanding of appropriate Operating Systems and related applications.
- Knowledge of the majority of business applications and utility software for escalation.
- Knowledge of hardware for diagnostic purposes.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills. Must be tactful and flexible and have the ability to get along with diverse personalities.
- Ability to prioritize activities and projects. Skilled at time management and attention to administrative detail. Refined sense of urgency.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive, while being able to recognize and support the Company's preferences and priorities.
- Ability to work independently but the experience to identify the need to partner at critical junctures in any business decision making activity.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of discretion, diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Must be flexible and willing to accept a wide range of tasks and projects.
Monster - 10 months ago