We are seeking an uncommon professional to join our team as a IT Manager – Web Application Development
CUNA Mutual Group is seeking an IT Manager that will oversee 5-6 application developers in a matrix environment. This group supports our broker-dealer business – ranked in the top 20 of independent broker-dealers in country, and #1 in credit union space. The major purpose of this group is to support the technology used by financial advisors to help them become more efficient and grow their business. Our technology strategy includes both partner integration and in house developed web solutions. Aside from the qualifications outlined below, we are looking for someone with the potential to move up in the organization within 2-3 years, has previous experience working with remote customer relationships - financial advisors, sales staff or supporting customers in a large consulting firm. Ability to execute and communicate effectively in a high pressure environment is needed.. Process driven, result-oriented, highly organized professional will do well in this role.
While we appreciate the position of project and program managers, we are seeking an IT Manager with experience handling direct reports and managing staff to include hiring, termination, coaching & mentoring, career progression, and training.
Project & System Executions: 50-60%
1. Oversee project teams as needed to support Company or Business Area projects and requests. Ensure that the technical and functional results are delivered as agreed upon with the project sponsors. Responsible for coordinating with staff across the IT organization to ensure successful delivery of project activity,
2. Accountable for overseeing successful completion of all non-project work activities (regulatory changes, enhancements, break/fix, maintenance, etc.) as required to support SLA s and functional needs of the Company or a Business Area. Develop and manage to operational budgets and plans.
3. Develop and maintain project and operational reporting to demonstrate quality execution of project commitments (budget, benefits, etc.) and adherence to service level commitments.
4. Manage relationship with external service providers as part of project execution of application support/hosting. Ensure all activity is delivered in compliance with normal policies, procedures, technology standards, security requirements, etc. of CMG and the IT department.
Application Data & Technical Strategy: 5-15%
1. Complete medium-term planning (monthly, quarterly, annually) for projects, staffing, etc. within area of responsibility
2. Participate in long-term technology planning processes. Ensure planned delivery activities are in alignment with long-term technology footprint.
Business Leadership & Customer Relationship:10-15%
1. Understand business needs and processes for area of responsibility. Work with appropriate IT leaders / teams to ensure the application footprint/infrastructure will support the current and planned needs of the Business Area/Company.
2. Monitor customer satisfaction with project execution, operational support. Identify opportunities and implement changes to drive improvement in service.
1. Responsible for the consistent delivery of HR processes: recruiting, hiring, training, career development, performance management, etc. Evaluate team members in both technical duties and professional aspects of their performance.
2. Define application development/infrastructure team structure and resource levels. Allocate resources and responsibilities across the application team to meet required Business Area or Company results.
3. Communicate and reinforce CMG/IT/application/infrstructure team goals, policies and procedures to staff members.
4. Coach/mentor team members as necessary. Align team members in roles to best take advantage of their strengths and to grow/diversify their skill sets.
1. College degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent trade-off in related professional work experience.
2. Five years data processing experience with progression through technical and analyst, or equivalent, levels to
management. This includes three years experience in the direction of systems development.
3. Excellent leadership, communication and presentations skills.
4. Significant knowledge in the development and support of customer facing web applications with demonstrated understanding of user experience/user centered design concepts
5. Five years systems development experience with progression through technical and analyst, or equivalent, levels to management. This includes three years experience leading others in system development execution.
6. Vendor Management and Systems Integration experience preferred
7. Ability to travel – less than 10%, to business areas, customer conferences, and external customer locations.
8. Significant knowledge in the development and support of customer facing web applications with demonstrated understanding of user experience/user centered design concepts
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values.
Along with an excellent benefits package, our staff is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally. Our future is driven by our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through innovation, involvement and determination. If you want to be recognized for your results and empowered to reach your potential, we urge you to apply.
In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Experience Level: 5-8 years
Area of Interest(s): Information Technology, Project Management
Type of Job: Full Time
Job ID: JWI20122505-08860
CUNA Mutual Group - 11 months ago
CUNA Mutual Group is the leading provider of financial services to credit unions and their members worldwide.