Next generation internet and traditional radio married in a way never done before.
Seeking to hire the Lead (first person) System Admin/DevOps Mgr for our Series A startup to build and manage the Ops team. Crowd sourcing for radio combining music, games, and social media. It’s essentially next generation internet and traditional radio married in a way never done before capitalizing on a $40 billion dollar market with cutting edge technologies.
We are expanding the team, and are searching for brilliant, energetic and a startup minded team lead who is passionate about solving problems and contributing to a world class service and team. If working at a company that combines music, social and gaming services excites you, then this is the place to be. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, and an amazingly cool start-up culture and environment, located in the mid-peninsula. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to help create something truly revolutionary!
Challenges abound in our various environments (Cloud Platform – AWS, Data Center, Appliance). If you want to get involved with an Operations Team where the cement hasn’t dried and you can take the lead in designing the foundation for the Website? Then send in a resume.
You will be the key member calling the shots of our growing Website Operations team as the DevOps Mgr.
Here’s some of what we’re needing in terms of required skills and experience:
- Hand-on and experience working in a startup
- 3+ years supporting a 24/7 Website
- Ability to carry a pager
- Command of Unix operating system concepts and components (Vitrual Memory Management, Inter-process communication, Scheduling, System Calls)
- Command of common network protocols and standard services (SSH, SSL, SNMP,HTTP, FTP, SMTP, DNS, NFS)
- Command of standard infrastructure software (Nagios, Puppet, Cacti, Capistrano,SVN, Kickstart, yum/apt-get) for classic sys admin functions (building hosts, monitoring, alerting, account management, releasing software, security)
- Designing systems to meet an SLA ( Server Level Agreement )
- Security techniques, tools (tripwire,iptables,sniffers), and SAS70 compliance
- Automation takes you to a happy place
- Command of a scripting language (python,ruby,perl,shell)
- Networking ( VPN's, Load Balancers, Switches, Static routing)
- Attitude of Ownership, this is a Lead position and as such you own it.
ZipRecruiter - 19 months ago