Our client is an established, fast growing, member-owned credit union in the Great Lakes Bay Region. As a five star rated financial organization with over 27,000 members and over $266 million in assets, they are dedicated to providing a full range of quality financial products and services. This outstanding organization is currently seeking a part-time IT Operator - Level 1 to perform operational maintenance of and user support for the credit union's data processing system. This position is PART-TIME and will average approximately 30 hours per week depending on project workload.
The individual in this role will be responsible for performing data processing operations and providing information services to achieve member and staff needs while controlling operating costs. The IT Operator Level 1 also serves as the Account Cross Sell (ACS) administrator.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform daily data processing operations, which includes the creation and transmittal of data files.
- Print and distribute reports, including end-of-month/year reports and processing of credit bureau and Profitstar.
- Provide phone or in-person support for online banking to the credit union membership and employees by analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving the problem or routing the problem to the appropriate department for resolution.
- Help maintain BCP. Develop and maintain controls to ensure the credit union is in compliance with regulatory guidelines including Bank Secrecy Act/US Patriot/Privacy/Security and other regulations.
- Respond to teller and front office questions or problems. Provide support for file maintenance as needed.
- Perform database backups and equipment maintenance as needed.
- Provide information services in a cost effective manner.
- Coordinate with the other managers to ensure that members' product and service quality is maintained.
- Stay informed of the trends and developments in the financial institution information services field.
- Ensure processing results in timely and accurate reporting by checking totals, reviewing file maintenance reports, total transactions to applicable reports and the general ledger, etc.
For further information and consideration on this great career opportunity, please apply online under Careers-IT Operator Level 1 (CLIENT OPENING) at: www.rehmann.com/careers.
- Ideal candidate will possess experience in an information services department, preferably in a financial institution environment and computer related training acquired through community college or technical school.
- Knowledge of Windows NT networks, general knowledge of Microsoft based PC's using Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of computerized reports and analysis. Good organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to compute financial service items such as annual percentage rates and yields, etc. Knowledgeable of asset/liability management, budgeting and interest rate risk.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to interact with members, staff and all levels of management.
- Understanding of the information services of the credit union and an ability to promote knowledge among the staff.
- Team oriented personality to effectively interact with members, staff and vendors.
- High degree of integrity, with the ability to maintain confidential information.
Put People First. There it is. Number one on our list of five core values. Rehmann's living commitment and vision is: Be THE Firm of Choice...