The IT Process Owner will serve as the liaison between business users and the technology group with regard to application system implementation and maintenance. The incumbent will be responsible for collecting, analyzing and translating business processes and user requirements into feasible technology specifications within defined area(s) of the program.
Expertise is required in one or more of the following process streams: Record to Report, Quote to Cash, Procure to Pay, Materials to Inventory, Supply Chain Management, Hire to Retire, CRM, Grain and Ethanol or Rail Car Management Systems.
Nature and Scope
This position reports to the Corporate IT Program Manager.
The IT Process Owner will organize and facilitate workshops and meetings required to develop requirements and solution designs, identifying the best suitable solutions to meet the business requirements. The incumbent will coordinate the development of functional specifications for business processes and create technical specifications, working closely with business process leads, business subject matter experts and technical resources both internal and external.
The IT Process Owner will perform functional software and application configuration and system maintenance tasks (within the area of specialization) in order to support the business solutions. He/she will also participate in general configuration and system maintenance tasks as part of the overall business process leadership team.
Requirements that require code development will be delivered to the Process Team. The IT Process Owner will work within the Process Team to fully understand these requirements and champion their functional and technical specification through successful test and delivery. The IT Process Owner will work closely with the development departments and the users to test the results and ensure the developed components meet the business requirements. The incumbent will train users or coordinate training as needed including preparing any necessary documentation and training materials where required.
The incumbent will serve as a vital project team lead during implementation of new application software (to business units or acquired entities of business units). Projects will also include implementation of new modules of software to business users. These tasks include organizing requirement review sessions, communicating task status and coordination with all participants to meet project time lines.
Post-deployment, the incumbent will serve as the key liaison between the Business Process Leads and the IT Support organization. The IT Support organization includes internal resources across application development, BI/DMI development, IT Operations and any outsources AMS/hosting entities. The IT Process Owner will be accountable for identifying system issues with applications or developed/configured processes and coordinating the appropriate resolutions to these issues.
Primary internal contacts include the Corporate IT Program Manager, Project Managers, Business Unit IT Managers, Business Process team leads and team members and Application Developers.
Primary external contacts include current and prospective IT vendors and service providers, including ERP system implementation project team members.
The knowledge and skill needed to perform this position successfully is typically acquired through a Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline such as Business Administration or Computer Science with 3-5 years progressively responsible experience in the business analysis field or equivalent combination of education and experience. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are needed and strong business process experience with experience implementing and/or supporting an ERP system.
The incumbent will have knowledge and experience related to the assigned business process as well as a diverse breadth of knowledge in related business processes and available technology solutions.
A demonstrated ability to create both functional system specifications and feasible technical specifications used to implement systems solutions in a diverse technological environment is also required.
Excellent written and oral communication skills in addition to conflict resolution and consensus-building skills are highly recommended.
The following accountabilities are to be carried out in a manner consistent with the spirit and philosophy outlined in The Andersons' Statement of Principles:
1. Collect, understand, analyze and document business processes, create functional specifications, and translate requirements into feasible technical specifications utilized by application development teams, identifying business and technology gaps throughout the process.
2. Effectively communicate complex concepts and solutions to all levels of the organization and project team. Facilitate business process meetings to validate business requirements and solution designs, utilizing consensus-building skills to work through disagreements and develop feasible solutions.
3. Develop, execute and track system test processes to ensure operational readiness before processes are deployed to users in a production environment. Coordinate user testing where required by the project management teams.
4. Perform user training for large system installations or business processes, working closely with the Business Process Team Lead(s) and users.
5. Develop and document technical procedures for all assigned projects working closely with the Business Process Team Lead(s) to develop corresponding user procedure documentation.
6. Comprehend and perform ERP configuration with expert knowledge in the required process area(s) and effective general knowledge of related business processes.
7. Utilize analytical and problem-solving skills to resolve user issues related to system design, process flow and software configuration in a holistic manner, considering the diverse systems within the organization.
8. Work closely with the Project Manager to complete project assignments on time, on budget and meeting customer expectations.
9. Maintain required level of proficiency in all hardware, software and related procedures and utilities used in the assigned Information Systems department. Keep up on industry technology.
Develop an understanding of the Statement of Principles so as to conduct all operations in a manner consistent with the philosophy contained therein.
The Andersons, Inc. - 30+ days ago
Andersons, Inc. is an entrepreneurial company with diversified interests in the agriculture and transportation markets. The Company operates...