As the world's leading insurance broker and risk advisor, Marsh is devoted to finding the opportunity in risk. Companies look to us to help them navigate the daunting global risk landscape, seeing risks others don't and unlocking opportunities others can't. With 25,000 employees and annual revenues approaching $5 billion Marsh serves more clients in more industries worldwide than any firm in our industry. We are looking for talented professionals to join our team.
The successful candidate will exemplify Marsh’s IGNITE Operating Principles, the behaviors that guide our conduct and growth - In Touch: Get out in front by being informed and being connected; Genuine: Be authentic with clients and each other; Nimble: Be flexible and move quickly to deliver quality results; Inclusive: Be open to diverse ideas, experiences and backgrounds; Trusted: Stand for integrity and ethical behavior; and Engaged: Actively participate in making Marsh extraordinary.
We are seeking an IT Product Support Analyst in our Global IT Shared Services department.
Production Support Analyst role is responsible for working with the Service Centers to identify, escalate and communication production risks. In the event of a major production incident the Production Support Analyst ensures that a root cause analysis is conducted and mitigation steps are implemented.
The Production Support Analyst is also responsible for working with the Marsh IT team to ensure proper process and procedures are properly documented to ensure applications can be fully supported including disaster recovery plans.
- Manage regional Problem Management and Root Cause Analysis processes for all critical issues. This includes facilitation of “Severity 1” (urgent tickets) meetings, developing detailed post mortems for the complex Severity 1’s, and communicating final results to Senior Management, project teams and the business.
- Work closely with Application and Database Engineers, application support teams, Developers, infrastructure teams, and when necessary Business Resiliency Management Teams to efficiently restore service to the clients
Work closely with Application and Database Engineers, application support teams, Developers, infrastructure teams, and when necessary Business Resiliency Management Teams to efficiently restore service to the clients.
Track disaster recovery plans on a regional basis to ensure that testing objectives, scope and timelines are in place to support end to end business service recovery and ensure that the plans are tested at business defined intervals.
- Maintain Disaster Recovery Document for US / Canada data centers
Proactively analyze functional and technical issues to uncover trends and ensure service improvements plans are developed with Application Teams to mitigate future production issues.
- Ensure the application portfolio for US, Canada and Consumer meet compliance and include all relevant details for support and disaster recovery.
- Develop and publish monthly production report showing relevant key performance indicators and highlighting risk mitigation activities.
- Promote adoption of critical incident, disaster recovery and configuration management policy and standards to all service centers and project teams.
- Participate as required in internal and external audits
- Analyze historical incident trends and drive conclusions with recommendation for service improvement.
- Present process improvements which result in savings opportunities.
- Closely collaborate with peers across regions and OpCos
- Monitor production risks in align with Release Management and Operation
- Acceptance activities to mitigate production issues prior to deployment
- College Degree or Equivalent Work Experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Information Technology Production Management Role in a large organization with multiple complex applications.
- Detailed understanding of Problem Management and Disaster Recovery.
- Extremely Organized.
- Must be calm and controlled under pressure.
- Possess excellent oral and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to influence and obtain buy-in from various stakeholders.
- Able to work independently without direct supervision
- Proficiency with desktop tools such as Microsoft Suite of products
- Fundamental knowledge and broad understanding of technical concepts such as networking, operating systems, storage, SAN topologies and concepts
- Working knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- interact effectively with internal and external clients, peers, management and cross-functional areas, to build relationships and use facilitation skills with both technical and non-technical personnel
- Ability to manage time effectively, to work under time pressure, to meet schedules and deadlines, to multi-task, to plan, organize and prioritize work assignments and pay close attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications; specifically Projects, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to creatively solve problems
- Previous success working in a dynamic environment with the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Certification in ITIL is strongly preferred
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates
are equal opportunity employers
Marsh & McLennan Companies - 19 months ago
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and...