As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 24,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
General Dynamics Information Technology is seeking an engaging, high energy leader to support the technology and innovation strategy for the Navy/Marine Corp Services (NMCS) Division. The NMCS Division is a trusted IT leader and premier provider of IT and professional support services within Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR). They design, build, integrate, operate, and sustain information systems supporting their customers. The Navy/Marine Corp Services Division has significant expertise and program qualifications in enterprise-wide engineering and logistics support services, network and systems integration, information security/assurance, data handling and dissemination, web technologies and wireless RF engineering technologies.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in a leadership role supporting Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division (NAWCWD) China Lake, NAWCWD Point Mugu or Naval Air Weapons Station (NAWS), China Lake. To increase success, this individual will be able to work comfortably and simultaneously in an IT engineering/technology and business environment. The right candidate will understand customers' technology needs and be able to develop and support a strategy for NMCS meeting those needs. S/he will also be an important face to external customers and partners positioning General Dynamics Information Technology as the first choice in IT solutions.
S/He will reside in the Ridgecrest, California/China Lake area. Occasional travel to Naval Air Station Point Mugu will be required.
- Manages and is responsible for the successful completion of all tasks in assigned program are including technical work, staff supervision, financial and business development activities.
- Supervises assigned technical and administrative staff, including subordinate managers, and performs personnel actions including hiring and performance evaluation.
- Directs program activities to meet client and organization work objectives and serves as a liaison with clients to coordinate activities, negotiate tasks, and solve problems.
- Research, develop, and maintain effective business relationships with customers, industry partners, and internal stakeholders. Build collaborative and trusted relationships with other key business unit leaders.
- First and foremost, the right candidate will be a proactive and engaging technology leader able to energize, motivate other technology leaders within the division.
- Responsible for profitability and revenue growth of assigned programs.
- Assures quality of program products, services and deliverables, including participating in reviews, audits, and site visits.
- Performs business development activities, including the preparation and review of technical and cost proposals.
- Performs program financial management services, including financial analysis, budget and cost quote preparation, cost management, reconciliation, and profit enhancement.
- Prepares ad provides various reports and technical reviews to senior management as requested.
- In-depth knowledge of the DoD, specifically Navy, Marine Corps and/or Air Force.
Bachelor's Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work/military experience. A Master's degree is preferred. Professional certification (PMP) preferred.
- Possess in depth understanding of the NAVAIR infrastructure and technical environment.
- Possess a broad knowledge of Enterprise-class IT services and solutions, multi-level security architectures, and supporting technologies.
- Ability to consult with customers and develop opportunities.
- Effective business development skills including proposal development and preparation.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in a leadership role supporting Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division (NAWCWD) China Lake, NAWCWD Point Mugu or Naval Air Weapons Station (NAWS), China Lake.
12 - 15 years of related experience in assigned business area, including supervisory experience, and 5 years' experience managing multiple tasks. Military or Government service experience is preferred.
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics - IT - 2 years ago
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...