Security Clearance Level Other Key Functions MITRE is directly supporting Federal program offices responsible for the modernization, acquisition and implementation of large-scale IT systems. This individual would be a part of or lead a team supporting the formulation and execution of program plans, strategies, and functions. This individual may be assigned to support development and execution of any/all phases and functions of program and project management. Required Education/Experience: BS and 5 years of related experience or MS and 3 years of related experience or PhD and 1 year of related experience Desired Education/Experience MBA or MS degree in a related field with:
- Experience providing leadership in most aspects of program and project management in an Information Technology environment with PMP or equivalent certification a plus
- Experience leading and delivering successful large scale IT solutions throughout the full project life cycle
- Experience working in the Federal environment is strongly preferred Required Skills: • Demonstrated extensive depth and breadth of IT program/project management experience in multiple functional areas such as: planning, integration, scope, time, cost, quality, human resources, communication, risk, and procurement
- Demonstrated experience as a project or task leader implementing full-lifecycle IT projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- This individual must possess strong interpersonal skills and be able to support ongoing programs as an advisor to a government program manager
- Specific skills in Earned Value (EV), Project Scheduling, Technical Assessments, or establishing Program Management processes and procedures are required Desired Skills • Applies strong project or technology area of knowledge in program management functions, in particular scheduling, budget development, EV reporting, EV methodologies, and IBR conduct
- Experience with DoD and/or a civil agency in the program control management area is highly desired
- Knowledge of the FAR, Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), DFAR, ANSI – EIA Standard 748, and DoD 5000 series
- Should also be able to foster and maintain substantial client contact, leveraging in-depth knowledge of client's operations and business
- The ability to organize and write any MITRE product and prepare and present a coherent briefing Travel Statement * This position will require local travel in the Washington, DC metropolitan area and overnight travel up to 10% of the time. Clearance Statement *Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance. For this position, MITRE will consider only applicants with security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
Mitre Corporation - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Politicians try to engineer a better government, but MITRE governs the country's best engineering. A private, not-for-profit organization,...