Security Clearance Level No Key Functions MITRE is directly supporting Federal program offices responsible for the modernization, acquisition and implementation of large-scale IT systems. This individual would be a part of or lead a team supporting the formulation and execution of program plans, strategies, and functions. This individual may be assigned to support development and execution of any/all phases and functions of program and project management. Required Education/Experience: BS and 7 years of related experience or MS and 4 years of related experience or PhD and 2 years of related experience Desired Education/Experience MBA or MS degree in a related field with:
- Experience providing leadership in most aspects of program and project management in an Information Technology environment with PMP or equivalent certification a plus
- Experience leading and delivering successful large scale IT solutions throughout the full project life cycle
- Experience working in the Federal environment is strongly preferred Required Skills: • Demonstrated extensive depth and breadth of IT program/project management experience in multiple functional areas such as: planning, integration, scope, time, cost, quality, human resources, communication, risk, and procurement
- Demonstrated experience as a project leader implementing full-lifecycle IT projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to organize and write any MITRE product and prepare and present a coherent briefing
- This individual must possess strong interpersonal skills and be able to support ongoing programs as an advisor to a government program manager
- Specific skills in establishing Program Management processes and procedures are required
- Applies acquisition, program, and project management disciplines such as acquisition strategy and planning, solicitation and decision support, contract monitoring, and risk management.
- Applies program and project management activities include project planning, analysis, monitoring, and control; applying program and project management disciplines such as risk management, and quality management Desired Skills • Informs Government sponsors and MITRE leadership on technical, cost/value, and schedule feasibility and performance to enable effective and efficient portfolio and (IT) investment management.
- Develops approaches for customers to utilize the capability in their organization. Develops and customizes new applications of these disciplines. Interacts with Government sponsors and contractors on matters of program and technical management including stakeholder interaction, requirements development and management, architectural design, verification, validation, operation and/or disposal.
- Provides guidance on and development of independent review. Facilitates the development of artifacts such as charter, governance, communication and procurement plan, human resource management, and schedule. Program and project management activities include project planning, analysis, monitoring, and control.
- Informs Government sponsors and MITRE leadership on technical, cost/value, and schedule feasibility and performance to enable effective and efficient portfolio and (IT) investment management.
- Experience with DoD and/or a civil agency in the program control management area is highly desired
- Should also be able to foster and maintain substantial client contact, leveraging in-depth knowledge of client's operations and business
- The ability to organize and write any MITRE product and prepare and present a coherent briefing Travel Statement * This position will require overnight travel up to 10% of the time. Clearance Statement *Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance. For this position, MITRE will consider only applicants with security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
Politicians try to engineer a better government, but MITRE governs the country's best engineering. A private, not-for-profit organization,...