The IT Project Manager will be responsible for managing and improving IT systems for the Business data warehouses within Licensing IT organization. You will be responsible for planning, monitoring, and managing data warehouse initiatives and projects from initiation through completion.
This project is a master data management – data standardization project. Enhancements will be made to ETLS, and MicroStrategy data warehouses, including Financial Analytics and a Contract data warehouse.
Essential Job Functions:
Prepare and plan project kick off meetings and status update meetings. Develop and maintain project work plan(s), dependencies, issues/risks logs and other deliverables as necessary · Maintains a tactical focus; sets clear objectives and defined deliverables.
- Control IT risks and manage IT development projects for Disney Consumer products data warehouses.
- Understand development SDLC lifecycles. Manage development, business analysts, and QA resources as they integrate, regression test, and complete all task associated with improvement of business intelligence applications.
- Work with cross-functional teams responsible for maintaining hardware & software to ensure superior performance.
- Oversee all phases of projects and assume responsibility for project deliverables, schedule, cost, quality, and ROI.
- Ability to lead a cross-functional team while motivating team members to their highest potential.
- Interfaces effectively with all levels and across organizational lines, including the business units
- Effectively utilizes external vendors and internal resources
- Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
- Experience: 7+ years’ experience in the IT industry including 5+ years’ proven experience in project management
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Business Intelligence project management is highly desirable
- PMP or Project Management Professional Certification is highly desirable
- Profound understanding of IT infrastructure & platforms used in the business intelligence industry
- Strong project management skills
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines
- Self motivated for continuous improvement
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of ETL (Informatica) and MicroStrategy development planning is highly desirable