Consumer Reports tests all kinds of consumer products so you don’t have to. Completely independent of corporate influence – we take no advertising or freebies – we tell you how a product will really perform when you use it. When better information isn’t enough to get you good value, we advocate for laws and standards that encourage competition, and we organize consumers to advocate for themselves. We are nonprofit, supported by donations and by the individuals who pay for our ratings products (Consumer Reports Magazine, Consumer Reports Online, ShopSmart and more). We’ve been around since the 1930s and will be around as long as people need a reliable antidote to misleading advertising and a strong counterbalance to the power of corporations.
Consumer Reports is charging forward into the Web and Digital age and we are growing in evolving our physical and virtual infrastructure. We are looking for an IT Purchasing Administrator to join the team in the coordination and budgeting for IT, Executive Operations and Customer Relations departments.
- 4 Year college degree preferred with one year of Accounting related work experience.
- Familiarity with PC operations and Accounting software needed.
- Must be detailed oriented, well-organized and able to meet deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral skills required.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision.
- The ability to interact effectively with all staff levels is essential.
- Assists in the preparation of departmental budgets for IT, Executive Operations and Customer Relations.
- Conducts full line budget analysis for assigned departments.
- Responsible for invoice processing, including tracking and troubleshooting for all capital and operating expenditures, ensuring accuracy, completeness and consistency of billing information.
- Produces detailed budget variance and other reports as required.
- Coordinates all organizational purchasing of computer related equipment.
- Helps with the negotiation of purchases and monitors related contract agreements when necessary.
- Responsible for all other IT related purchases.
- Meets with vendors and relates performance of equipment.
- Oversees shipping, receiving and installation activities.
- May perform other duties of the department, but not those of a higher group level.
- 9 months ago - save job