Optimized Systems and Solutions (OSyS) is a world-class supplier of asset management and decision support solutions. We specialize in solutions that help our customers unlock the full decision-making value of their asset data, allowing them to evolve through a programme of improvements from basic asset protection, to performance management, and on to achieving a highly predictive business where there are no surprises.
We have more than 400 employees working from a number of development and service centres, principally in the United States and United Kingdom providing efficiency-boosting, cost-effective solutions for asset optimization. Optimized Systems and Solutions (OSyS) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Rolls Royce plc.
An important and challenging position is offered within the global IT service support and transition organization for OSyS, providing IT deployment and support services internally to Rolls-Royce and externally to a large number of high profile customers. This role involves ensuring that the client-server and internet based business critical applications, servers and databases, are built to be functional, secure and meet the business needs. This hands-on position would suit a well-rounded, self-motivated individual who has the ability to work in a busy high-tech environment in an IT systems role.
- Manage, investigate, implement and successfully complete software and database upgrades and significant maintenance activities
- Contribute to a 24x7 support rota
- Review and participate in the up keep of configuration management Assist with infrastructure analysis and design
- Close liaison with the IT infrastructure team
- Provide assistance in various parts of the project lifecycle
- Play a role in improving processes
- Support and maintenance of critical IT systems
- Proactive monitoring, performance tuning and problem management
- Support for MS SQL Server and Oracle
- Incident and Problem resolution
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience in an IT support role
- Microsoft Windows 2003/2008 server
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000 / 2008 with SQL commands/queries
- Oracle with SQL commands/queries
- IIS and general web hosting skills
- Microsoft Office
- Citrix & Linux
- MQ Series
- Customer focused
- Strong problem solving
- Positive attitude
- Can work in a team or individually
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize own workload
- Self-motivated and hard working
- Numerate, able to work under pressure and towards tight deadlines
Rolls-Royce - 24 months ago
Rolls-Royce plc is a global company providing power on land, sea, and air. The company has established leading positions in civil aerospace,...